This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

Now, I’m not one to brag about myself too much–I always try to stay humble–but I do like to think that I am a pretty decent baker. I religiously adhere to the recipes, and it usually turns out to be pretty damn good, if I do say so myself. I have dabbled in all sorts of cakes, cookies, brownies, and pretty much anything else that involves sweets! On this cold, March afternoon, I can’t help but think back to some of my favorite desserts I’ve made and hope that maybe others can enjoy them, too ☺

These little molten lava cakes came from a late-night craving/inspiration of Applebees’ lava cakes. I needed something simple, chocolatey, and I wanted it to melt in my mouth. These bite sized desserts do all of that and more- and they are ready in less than 15 minutes! A great midnight snack for you and your bff.

These gooey chocolate chip cookies are much more special than your average recipe–they are actually vegan! I wanted to make them as a surprise for a friend over the summer, and they turned out to be some of the best cookies I’ve ever had. I’ve made them on several other occasions, and everyone seems to have the same reaction: “Wait, these are vegan?!”

Ok, I know I couldn’t give you JUST chocolate recipes, even though those are my favorite. This is actually one of my favorite baked goods to make: an Apple Cinnamon Cake with a cinnamon glaze. Its moist, warm layers are served perfectly with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and are great for birthdays and other big parties.

Happy baking!

Tyra Gwalthney is a Junior Dual Major in Law and Justice and Disaster Preparedness and Emergency Management in the Honors Concentration. Alongside HerCampus- and being a HerCampus Trendsetter- she also is the Vice President of the Animal Advocacy Club, and enjoys volunteering as often as she can. She loves dogs, summer, the beach, and anything involving chocolate. Want to chat? Email: gwalthnet0@students.rowan.edu