kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

Best Self-Care Tips During Midterm Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

According to the American Psychological Association, about 41% of college students have reported cases of anxiety, and that’s only what has been reported. That means about 6000 of Rowan’s undergrads have anxiety, and midterms and finals always heighten that anxious feeling. 

As one of the 41%, I have learned that it is becoming increasingly important to take care of myself during these stressful times, so here are my best tips on how to do so. 

1. Don’t keep studying after 1 AM. 

Once that clock hits one, just put the books down and go to bed. The lack of sleep and sanity isn’t worth the extra problem you are trying to solve. It will still be there in the morning, and biologically we need 6-8 hours of sleep. If you aren’t getting at least 6, you’re doing something wrong! Sleep is key in being emotionally stable and at ease. 

1. Eat lots of healthy snacks.

Greasy foods often slow us down and make us feel groggy or not awake. Try to stay away from the Taco Bell Dollar menu and lean more towards carrots and ranch, grapes, or cheese and crackers. 

1. Exercise.

I know it’s rainy and getting cold but just go to the gym, you can do it. Working out releases endorphins and endorphins make people happy. 

1. Spend time with yourself to reflect!

It’s fun to hang out with a bunch of people all the time but make sure you have a little me time every now and then to collect your thoughts and rebalance your emotions. 

Good luck and kick some anxiety butt! Go ace all your midterms!

Ashley Hermansen is a dual major in International Studies and Modern Languages & Linguistics. She loves LOVE and dancing and really just wants to help everyone that she can. That's it, read on <3
Tanvi is is a sophomore perusing a double major in entrepreneurship. She’s on the executive board of the Rowan University’s Collegiate Entrepreneurs Organization and the President of Period at Rowan University. Tanvi works as the social media marketer for a few startups companies. She loves the artist Frida Kahlo and the T.V. Show New Girl.