The 5 Essentials to Get Through the Semester

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

1. The Perfect Accessory 

“I love my chokers from Aeropostale! One is a metallic silver, and the other is a pretty bronze color. They are so cute individually or stacked. They’re versatile and can be worn with anything!” Devon James, Junior

“I love fashionable, trendy glasses that aren’t plain and boring. I know a lot of people have given up shopping at Aero, but guys… Aero isn’t just for your middle school days. Sure, if you want the shirts with “Aero” slapped on the front you can still find them. But most of the store is super cute and offers a lot of nice options for anyone. Plus, there’s usually a lot of sales going on! I loved these glasses because the black and gray marble pattern will match with a lot, the rounded lens with a tiny hint of cat eye framing is trendy, and they feel well made.” Victoria Brady, Junior

“I’m in love with my adorable sunglasses from Aero. They feel really high quality and don’t run the risk of slipping from my face whatsoever. Great quality!” Devon James, Junior

2. The Right Snack

“As someone who loves candy, these HiChews are absolutely awesome. They taste so good, similar to starburst but with a more natural flavor. Definitely will be buying these in the future.” Devon James, Junior

“I am someone who really enjoys drinking seltzer water especially with fruit in it, but I find some canned fruit-flavored sparkling waters/seltzers to be really gross or bitter tasting. Honestly though, I found both from Spindrift to be delicious and just the right amount of fruity taste. The raspberry lime one is especially refreshing due to the hint of lime. Even better, these aren’t bad for you! They are unsweetened, so the only sugar that in it naturally occurs from the fruit. It has a low percentage of fruit juice in the can, but that is because the majority of the drink is sparkling water, not fruit juice. For example, the raspberry lime has 1 gram of sugar, 2 grams of carbs, and 9 calories in the can. Definitely a good alternative to soda!” Victoria Brady, Junior

3. A Plan(ner)

“I love the design on the Erin Condren planner and it’ll be so nice to have a new, clean planner to help me figure out my life.” Ashley Hermansen, Freshman 

“The hardbound Lifeplanner in the horizontal layout is great! First of all, the cover is so pretty! There is so much variety in designs but I love my rainbow watercolor cover with the adorable quote: “You are entirely up to you” The edge of the pages are a metallic rose gold. It looks like a masterpiece! The inside is colorful as well and it is super easy to find your page thanks to the silk bookmark! There is plenty of room to write in each day which was important to me because I like to write every single thing I need to do each day into my planner. I also really like that there is a month spread before every page. This planner is fantastic and definitely worth every penny!” Madison Agostini, Junior 

4. Your Dream Look 

“This BedHead hairspray is such a strong hold. No pieces slip out if you use it to keep hair up. I highly recommend.” Devon James, Junior

“Listen. No college kid has time to wash their hair EVERY SINGLE DAY. BedHead’s dry shampoos are life savers when you have to get out the door.” Rachel Barton, Junior

5. A Little R&R 

“I am loving this clay mask by Freeman! This mask is meant to rejuvenate skin with cucumber and pink salt. It is a clay mask which is thick in consistency and hardens onto the skin. Taking it off, the salt exfoliated my skin leaving it feel more smooth and clean than it has felt in a while. This mask gave my pores a deep clean in just 10 minutes! Freeman boasts that this mask is perfect for all skin types! I look forward to wearing this mask again and trying more of Freeman’s products.” Madison Agostini, Junior

“I think face masks can be such a social treat. Freeman’s masks are great for that since they have so many types. I prefer a charcoal, but my boyfriend likes something more sensitive. My roommates and I can all do masks together as we hang out. It’s the best way to relax during the semester.” Rachel Barton, Junior 

Rachel is a senior English and Writing Arts double major at Rowan University. She also has minors in Women's & Gender Studies and Creative Writing along with concentrations in Publishing & New Media and Honors. She is the Senior Editor of Avant Literary Magazine as well as being in charge of the Her Campus chapter at her school. Rachel works as both a tour guide and a writing tutor on campus. She is big fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but not the patriarchy.