17th Annual STEM Symposium

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

Rowan University STEM Student Research Symposium

The 2014 17th Annual STEM Symposium took place on April 25, 2014 inside the Eynon Ballroom within the Chamberlain Student Center on Rowan’s Glassboro campus. The symposium followed a tentative schedule divided in three sections.

Session I: 9:00 – 10:45 – includes Biomedical Research Cluster I

Intermission

Session II: 11:15 – 1:00 – includes Biomedical Research Cluster II & Energy Research Cluster

Intermission

Session III: 1:30 – 3:15 – includes Pharmaceutical Research Cluster & Computer Games & Applications Cluster

Each year the University community gathers to celebrate the hard work and accomplishments of its students in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. In STEM there a series of clusters for each session. Clusters are the posters that are located near one another on the Symposium floor.  The clusters are intended to draw attention to presentations that feature hands-on activities for visitors or broad and often interdisciplinary topics that span multiple academic departments.  The clusters for the 2014 Symposium were:

•  Biomedical Research

•  Computer Games & Applications

•  Energy Research

•  Pharmaceutical Research

Tom Redles, civil engineering grad student, and Damon Kreiner, civil engineering junior, display their research (Photo Courtesy of Rowan Engineering) 

Chemical Engineering Students (Photos courtesy of Rowan Engineering) 

Jaymilynn, also known as Jaymi, is a 4th year Senior at Rowan University. She is currently studying for her Bachelors in Public Relations, and is pursuing a minor in Advertising and Journalism. She is also pursuing a concentration in Creative Writing. Jaymi hails from the small Mom-And-Pop town of Galloway, New Jersey. She is a member of Rowan's PRSSA. Jaymi is also a staff writer for the on-campus school newspaper, The Whit. With big dreams of being a novelist someday, Jaymi spends a majority of her time reading books and working on writing a book series of her own. To friends she is known to be a bit cynical, but loveable as well. A Mac'N Cheese fanatic, faithful Yoga attendee, and an extreme chocolate lover! She's a wide-eyed girl ready to take on the world one sarcastic comment at a time!