Tips to Time Management

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Roosevelt chapter.
How does one go to school, have a job, an internship, join student organizations, have time for a social life, and give 100% to all of those commitments? It doesn’t seem like there is enough time in the day. The leaders on campus seem like superheros juggling all of this.

How do they do it? 
It’s so not a secret.

Here are my top tips and tricks to being a busy bee and keep it all together.

1. Keep a planner / Calendar
Keeping a planner is super helpful in remembering your meetings, classes, work hours and other fun stuff. It is key to making sure you don’t overbook yourself and to making sure you leave time to have a social life. Buy a planner that you can carry with you in your book bag and purse so that you have it to jot down any plans that you schedule.

*Read your planner in the morning as a refresher of what the day holds. Cant forget about the 2 o’clock

2. Prioritize

Organize your tasks by the due date. If you have something due within the next few days, it may be wise to complete that before you finish the assignment due the next week.

3. Prep at Night
If you have a long day ahead of you, prep the night before. Make sure all of your assignments are printed and in the right folders, prepare all the binders and supplies needed for the day’s meetings and even pick out your outfit the night before.

Doing these tasks beforehand can save you time in the morning to sleep or to do other things that are important to you – like perfect that contour.

4. Look Good
Look good in whatever way that means to you.

I find that I’m most productive when I take the time out to dress nicely and groom myself properly. When I look good, I feel good, and I am generally happier during the day; thus more productive.

5. Leave time for fun stuff

Don’t fill your planner with ALL business. Leave time in your schedule to do things that aren’t work. Plan a girl’s night with your best friends, go to a football game with your sister or grab brunch with your mom. These joys and mental breaks are much needed and just as important as your term paper; as long as you promise to do both.

TBD