Five ways to Get Through a Boring Class

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Roosevelt chapter.

Unfortunately most of us are cursed with a super boring class at least once a semester. Your teacher begins to talk and your eyes suddenly feel heavy. The view out of the window seems a lot more interesting that anything coming out of your professor’s mouth. You try your hardest to pay attention, and be a good student but it’s impossible! We completely feel your pain! So we’ve come up with a little list of fun things to do during that boredom spell.

1.     Shop online! – Shopping online is the true cure to boredom, and so many other things! If you do it right, it could last you until the end of you boring class.

2.     Watch Netflix – We all know that Netflix is the ultimate distraction in any situation. A boring class is no different! Pop some ear buds in and drift far away from that snooze fest of a class.

3.     Do other assignments – This is a more productive form of distraction. There is no reason you can’t accomplish something instead of sitting in a boring class.

4.     People watch – You can always find someone in your class doing something way more interesting than what your teacher might be talking about. So just take a look around, and easily become distracted!

5.     Or just pay attention – You could do the one thing that was so hard to do in the first place. Pay attention! We know it is difficult, but it will probably help in the long run.