Campus Celebrity: Bryant Riley

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Roosevelt chapter.

21 year old Bryant Riley is bringing success and style to the Roosevelt community! He is a Chicago native, as well as a current Senior. Bryant will be earning a degree in accounting along with a minor in mathematics. While working hard to keep his head in the books, he also commits himself to extracurricular activities like being a Peer Mentor, a member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc., and Vice president of the accounting Club! Pay attention, because class is in session and Bryant is going to teach us a thing or two!

1. Why did you come to RU?

“RU basically chose me. I was accepted to about seven universities and planned to attend Howard University during my senior year of high school. Some unforeseen circumstances prohibited me from attending and basically I ended up at Roosevelt University. Honestly, I believe that it was blessing in disguise. I have grown so much during my time here.”  

2. What are some of your favorite hobbies?

“Photography and Traveling.”

3.How would you describe your personal style?

“My personal style depends on the occasion. More recently, I prefer business casual….something that will allow me to go from class to a professional networking event.”

4. What fraternity are you in?

“Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Incorporated”

5. What does your fraternity mean to you?

“It means to be apart of rich legacy and continuing to replicate the groundwork my founders stood for. Being a role model for the youth and giving back to communities is essential to me.”

6. What was your favorite part about being an orientation leader?

“Seeing my orientatees matriculate from freshmen to student leaders on campus was the most self-fulfilling part of my job.”

7. What are your plans for after you graduate?

“I plan to work for a fortune 500 company. I’m not sure which one yet because I’m in the middle of the recruiting process. So far I have received two full time job offers. One from Target as a Staff Accountant in Minneapolis, MN and the second offer from Walt Disney as a Financial Analyst in Orlando, FL.”

8. What do you think makes you stand out?

“I think my confidence and ability to remain humble allows people to resonate with me on a personal level.”

9. What are your favorite stores/designers?

“H&M, Zara, Gap, and Topman.”