7 Things We’re Happy to Say Goodbye to For the Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Roosevelt chapter.

Summer break is upon us! Almost if not every student in the world has been longing for this break since the last break. When it relates to school there are a million things we could peace out on for good, but some of us aren’t that lucky yet. There are seven incredibly annoying things that we will be happy to let go of for summer break.

1.     Waking up early – We are finally done with waking up early for classes at 8 a.m.!

2.     Following a schedule you absolutely hate – It can be hard to create a class schedule that you actually don’t mind following. Well, no worries because you won’t have to deal with any classes for a while!

3.     Commuting – If you aren’t lucky enough to live right on campus, then you are very aware of the commuter struggle. Summer is here now, and commuting to school is a distant worry!

4.     Lectures – You have spent hundreds of day listening to professors go on and on about boring topics. Now its time to listen to the sweet sounds of summer!

5.     Homework – It is one thing to have to go to a class and do work. It is another thing to have to take the work home. Those days are behind us. We are all happy to say goodbye to homework for a while. 

6.     Roommates – Staying on campus and having roommates is the easiest way to meet your best friends in college, but it’s okay to need a break from your roomies. Summer gives you the perfect opportunity to go home and enjoy some alone time. 

7.     Cafeteria food – Having a meal plan all fun and exciting in the beginning of the school year, but soon after it gets old. Now you get to go back home to meals made with love!