Wellness

How To Be The Healthiest You Before Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rollins chapter.

With less than three weeks until spring break, it’s safe to say it’s time to get mentally prepared and beach-ready. It may not seem like much time, but no need to worry if you’ve been drowning in #MidtermSeason and haven’t had time to hit the gym- we’ve got the perfect two week challenge to get your body ready to have the best, most relaxing week ever.

Be Smarter at the CC

The Campus Center offers some pretty delicious specials throughout the week and is the easiest dining option for on-campus students. However, for every healthy option the CC offers, there are 3 greasier items on display. Since it is buffet style, plan out what you’re going to put on your plate before you enter to avoid the temptation of the pizza bar. It’s easy to make a plate of grilled chicken and veggies at first- the hard part is not going overboard on a second or third dinner without even realizing.

Take Advantage of Campus

As far fetched as it seems to promise yourself you’ll go for a run on campus, you might be surprised what a change of location will do for your mental and physical health. The gym can be overcrowded with machine-hogging weight lifters, so go for a jog around Lake Virginia to switch up your routine. You won’t even notice how far you’ve run when you’re looking at a beautiful scenery like our campus.

A Gallon A Day

The most important part about toning up that is often overlooked is your water intake. You can work out and eat as healthy as possible, but hydration is what is going to flush out your system and keep you feeling light. It’s ideal to finish an entire gallon of water in a day, which can be hard to do if you can’t quite pull off the frat-boy-carrying-a-jug-around look. Invest in a reusable water bottle with tick marks that measure your progress, that way you can use the filtered water fountains around campus to hold yourself accountable.

Meredith Klenkel is a Senior English major and the founder of Her Campus at Rollins. She aspires to write comedy for late night T.V one day and publish her own memoirs.