This Brownie Recipe will Blow Your Mind

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rollins chapter.

It’s no secret that Avocados are currently at their peak of popularity, commonly labeled as a “healthy fat.” It’s also no secret that oils and butter are the most saturated substances on the food spectrum. So have you ever considered replacing oil and butter with avocado altogether? If you’re a die-hard fan of avocado toast and other millennial health-fat concoctions, just wait till you hear what we’ve got in store for you- a way to indulge in a delicious dessert and get your daily avocado in at the same time. 

The smooth, creamy consistency of a ripe avocado cancels out the fact that at it’s core, an avocado cannot compare to a stick of butter. Not only will this recipe save you calories in saturated fats, but you’ll be genuinely shocked at how delicious a dark chocolate brownie will taste when it’s made with avocado. 

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips or chunks

2 medium-large avocados, mashed

3/4 cup sugar

4 eggs, room temperature

1 1/2 tsp vanilla

1/2 cup flour

1/4 cup cocoa powder

1/4 tsp salt

RELATED  Healthy Kale/Spinach Pasta

Instructions

1    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 8×8 baking pan.

2    In a microwave safe bowl, melt the dark chocolate chips, stirring every 30 seconds, until completely melted. Allow to cool a bit.

3    In a mixing bowl with paddle attachment, mix mashed avocado and sugar until fully combined.

4    Add in eggs, mixing after each addition. Add vanilla and then the melted chocolate.

5    In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder and salt.

6    In three incorporations, add flour mixture to the chocolate mixture, mixing after each.

7    Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Bake 30-35 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.

8    Allow to cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into small squares and serve.

Meredith Klenkel is a Senior English major and the founder of Her Campus at Rollins. She aspires to write comedy for late night T.V one day and publish her own memoirs.