This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rochester chapter.

Today we have our Study Break day off— but I wonder, do you find yourself wondering what you should actually do with this day off from classes like I do?

Sure, I could spend the day doing absolutely nothing… but I could also try to get ahead on my work to curb next week’s impending stress. I don’t know about you, but that doesn’t really sound like much of a break.

So, I am faced with the problem of trying to strike a balance between attempting to curb the inevitable mid-semester procrastination and trying to take a much needed break.

Today I am going to share what I plan to do on our day off in hopes that it helps you plan out your day as well.

Most importantly, I plan to start off the day by sleeping in. During a normal week of classes I am usually quite the early riser, but today I plan to take advantage of the extra time to sleep in. Sometimes with the culture of attending a school with a very high-achieving student body, taking time to slow down can leave one feeling really guilty. However, we have this day off for the sole reason of slowing down and taking a break, so don’t feel guilty for using the day as you’d like.

I also personally love baking, and hope to get in some time in the kitchen with some well-crafted playlists full of Taylor Swift (because why not?). 

I do plan to use some of our day off to get ahead with upcoming agenda items so that I can slow down a little bit for the next week or so. Nothing beats the feeling of crossing off an item from your to-do list, and I look forward to getting some of my items crossed off!

I know that as college students, a lot of us feel bad about indulging in the occasional Netflix binge session. But today is your day off, so don’t feel obligated to be productive all day. I know that I will almost definitely be watching my next new obsession on Netflix today too.

If you are just as obsessed with skin care as I am, then consider taking some time out of your evening to practice self care in that way. Whether that means using your go-to mask or trying something new, relax and enjoy the peace and quiet.

No matter what you decide to do with your day off today, remember to take some time for yourself in whatever way that looks like. Today is called a Study Break for a reason, so enjoy your day off!

Junior Political Science major. Interested in: Current Events, Music, and Baking!