This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rhodes chapter.

Hi Her Campus Rhodes – If you’re looking to spice up your weekend, here is an easy salsa recipe below. Feel free to enjoy it with some margaritas if you’d like. Happy Friday!

Roasted Corn Salsa Recipe

Ingredients:

2 yellow shucked corn cobs 

1 diced red onion

1 finely diced jalapeño pepper

2 diced tomatoes

1/4 cup of minced cilantro

1 diced red or orange pepper

1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil

1/2 squeezed lime

Preparation:

1. Sauté shucked corn in a medium saucepan with olive oil over low heat. Leave the corn on one side for an extended amount of time so that it doesn’t burn – it should be slightly golden and roasted.

2. Combine corn in a large bowl with the other ingredients.

3. Serve with tortilla chips and whatever else your heart desires.

Hi! I'm Nathalie Vacheron, a senior at Rhodes hailing from Germantown, Tennessee. I love to write, I love to edit, and I'm in love with the voice Her Campus gives to women across college campuses. In addition to Her Campus, I'm involved in my sorority, Tri Delta, work in the Counseling/Health Center, am a First Year mentor, and love to run when I can. I'm a Business & Commerce major concentrating in management with a minor in Psychology. I hope to go into health administration, community health, or work for a non-profit (and write a book somewhere in-between...) xoxo