This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Regent chapter.

Did I get your attention with that error message? Good. I wanna tell you about what real women do and what they are versus what they are not.

So, get this ladies, I saw a bumper sticker that told me the answer! Real women watch hockey. Based on that bumper sticker, I know real women can’t dislike sports.

I saw a commercial that told me the answer. Real women are well built. Based on that commercial, I know real women aren’t chunky.

I bought a food product that told me the answer. Real women are skinny. Based on that food product, I know real women aren’t anything other than a toothpick.

I heard a conversation that told me the answer. Real women open doors for themselves. Based on that conversation, I also know real women don’t settle for marriage and submission. They also are not content with just being stay-at-home moms.

Are you getting what I’m getting? Real women are the “ideal” shape, love sports, and they aren’t content with stereotypical gender roles.

Ummm… nope. This is not a good enough answer for me and I sincerely hope it’s not a good enough answer for you. All those things are a load of bull.

Go look at the nearest reflective surface. Did you look? You better look. Okay. That is a real freaking woman. I don’t care if you like or hate sports. I don’t care if you’re chunky or built like Hercules. I don’t care if you are thin or plus size. I don’t care if you want to be a single-pringle-who-don’t-need-to-mingle or if you want to be a kick-ass stay-at-home mom and certainly don’t care if you’d prefer to have a man open the door for you (because if we’re being honest here, I would prefer that).

There is nothing that can make you any less of a “real women” and anyone who tells you differently can shove it.

The kicker here is that men aren’t the only ones always telling us these stipulations; we’re often told them by other women. Like, seriously? Ladies. Just because your womanly ways aren’t the same as another woman’s that doesn’t make her any less of a real woman just like it doesn’t make you any less of one either.

You wanna see what the women who are the realest of the real look like? Go look at Proverbs 31:10-31 and then look in the mirror. You can be everything you just read. You’re already a real woman, all you need now is to hone in your raw power and keep being beautiful.

Look back at your reflective surface again.

Now that, my dear, is a real woman. <3

Sarra Dwynn

Regent '19

Not much to know. I'm here for controversies and Christian perspectives.
A senior English major at Regent University. Mostly just a word nerd who also happens to be in love with film and K-pop. Always in search of new experiences, food, and friends. Feel free to come say hi on Twitter or Instagram