This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Regent chapter.

So, meditation kind of gets a bad reputation. Honestly, as someone who practices it, meditation is one of the best ways to relax and steady yourself. Alongside the mental peace, meditation allows for many different stresses to be released. Even at 5 minutes of meditation, it can change how you feel.

1. Meditation lets you have personal time

Having even 5 minutes for seclusion really allows for stress to be released and also for you to have that “me time.”

2. Letting your mind wander

Most busy people never have time for using their imaginations and for time to think through things. Meditation can allow for a daily use of imagination and a peaceful time to think through your daily life

3. Meditation relaxes the body

Focusing on your body and your own mind really lets you be more susceptible to growth and problem solving, and with meditation, the added seclusion opens doors for even further delving into your body and mind.

4. Meditation can also be used for spiritual times

Meditation and centering your mind definitely allows for prayer and communication with God (if you practice). As a practicing Christian, I allow meditation to replenish my own body, but also allow for the Holy Spirit to connect with me and replenish my spirit.

Meditation is an awesome practice that allows for personal growth and for stress to release the body with the benefits of spiritual time as well. So don’t be afraid to try it and see what happens!

Photo Credit

Lucinda Shea

Regent '21

Originally from the Nashville, TN area, Lucinda Shea is an International Studies major at Regent Univerisity. She loves to write poetry and her own philosophies, and  she enjoys listening to the stories of others. Lucinda has spent years in the instrumental and vocal music world as well as many years in the theatrical world. Lucinda hopes to travel the world and share her experiences with others, but most important, she hopes to meet wonderful people in her life. Lucinda thrives off of a good cup of coffee and you can most likely find her listening to music while reading in a coffee shop.