4 Local Spots For Affordable Gym Clothes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ramapo chapter.

With summer around the corner, it’s time to get our butts into shape for those bikinis we’ll be rockin’ for MDW. Of course, we still want to look good doing it! Here are some places you can find some cheap but totally cute activewear:

1. Ramsey Interstate Plaza

AVIA at T.J. Maxx “Get Excited Bra Tank” $16.99 (orig. $28)

Right around the corner from campus is the infamous plaza we all go for our groceries, sorority crafts, and theme-party clothes. This plaza is home to three awesome places to get your workout gear. T.J. Maxx is your first stop with designer clothes and equipment at ridiculous prices. Right next door is Modell’s—home to an incredible sales rack, and two doors down from that is Five Below, home of $5 and under yoga pants/shorts, yoga mats, and weights.

2. Kohl’s

FILA SPORT “Colorblock Active Capri Leggings”$16.00 (orig. &40)

Right across from interstate is a huge Kohl’s department store. BINGO. Inside you’ll find all you need from top sneakers to celebrity brand workout gear. Don’t let the name fool you, Kohl’s carries brands like Nike, Champion, and Under Armour, all on the cheap side.

3. Forever 21

Forever 21 “Open Back Workout Tank” $12.80

Who knew our fav place to shop for trendy outfits could also help out our gym swag?! Forever 21, located at the Garden State Plaza, offers adorable sports gear from gym bags to headbands, and sports bras to clothing.

4. Planet Gear

MPG “Tangent Racer-Back Bra Top” $19.95 (orig. $40)

For those of you looking to skip the lines, and well, stay in bed while you shop, Planet Gear is the spot for you. Once you become a free member, the online store offers you name-brand footwear, apparel, and gear for up to 70 percent off retail price. It’s literally a steal!

HAPPY SHOPPING!

Hey Guys!! My name is Elina and I'm the Co-Founder and Editor-in-Chief of the Ramapo Chapter here at Her Campus :)Right now, I'm a senior studying journalism at Ramapo College. My dream is to work in the field of entertainment news-- either through broadcasting or magazine journalism. Right now, I'm interning at Elvis Duran and the Morning Show and I am obsessed!!! I can only hope to continue on this road, and until then I'll be doing whatever I can to make that possible. Though I'm only a half-hour from school, I live on campus and wouldn't have it any other way. If I need some fam-time I'm close enough of a drive where it's not a hassle, and far enough where I have my space. I live with pledge sisters-- I'm a member of Sigma Delta Tau here at Ramapo. These girls are my LIFE!I hope you have as much fun reading our Her Campus chapter as we've had making it possible each week. HAPPY READING!! XOXOXFollow me for more:Twitter: @ElinaTarkInstagram: @Ella__XO (two underscores)