I Woke up like This: Get Ready in 30 Minutes or Less

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

Sometimes we do not have time to be picky with ourselves and get it together for class immediately.  Before all else, I’d suggest picking out an outfit the night before to speed things up in the morning.  It does not have to be anything super fancy; as long as you like what you are wearing and you can stroll across campus feeling good and looking good.  It will definitely help get you out the door faster.

After the outfit, there’s hair and makeup.  Try any of these looks to get you out the door in 30 minutes or less.

Quick Makeup

1.  Comb or brush your brows into place

Try this: Feel free to fill them in, but ONLY IF you know how to do so correctly.  Do not turn simplicity into a learning experience when you have to be somewhere in a short amount of time.

2.  Apply a concealer and face powder of your choice

Try this: You can go with translucent powder to blot the oils that your skin naturally produces or a powder foundation for a more matte and finished look.

3.  An eye-opening winged liner

Try this: Feel free to apply a shimmery shadow to your tear duct area to brighten your eyes; or apply white eye liner to your water line to further open your eyes; or apply a black kohl liner to enhance the richness of your eye color.

4.  Mascara (self-explanatory)

5.  ANY LIP COLOR OF YOUR CHOICE!  (Try these for fall.)

Mermaid Waves

This look is super easy and can be achieved using either a curling iron or curling wand.  You can go for a loose wave by curling larger sections, making your overall look effortless, or there is the option for tighter curls.  Such a look can be achieved by curling your hair in smaller sections, about ½ inch, making for a more dramatic look and great next-day hair.

I consider this one the best of all three hair styles, and I even suggest starting here because mermaid waves is the type of style that gets better after the first day.  Just make sure to brush/comb your hair when you are done curling so that the waves fall together.

Side Braid

This is a classic hairstyle that never gets old. You can do a regular braid, a fishtail braid, a Dutch braid and variety of others to make it your own.  Google ‘types of braids’, check out YouTube for tutorials and, if you need more inspiration, head on over to @instabraid on Instagram for more ideas.

Chic ponytail

This is often seen on the runway during Fashion Week and is popular among stylish corporates.  You cannot go wrong with the low ponytail, whether straight and sleek or with second day curls.  You can make it your own by leaving some long bangs out in the front or wrapping your hair around the hair tie in a variety of ways.

Here’s to efficiency and constantly looking our best so that we feel our best, collegiettes!  Which of these hairstyles are you dying to try for your next 8 a.m. rush?  Let us know @hercampusqu!

I am an undergraduate journalism major at Quinnipiac University. I love reading, writing, shopping, studying fashion, working hard, playing hard, and learning new things. I entertain interests in women’s issues and enjoy writing about all things interesting, beautiful, and humorous. Follow my blog at http://melissasirois.tumblr.com to see more of my work!