4 Fall Lipsticks to Usher in the New Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

Now that we have bid adieu to warm months, long nights and the bright colors of summer, it is time to turn to the deeper tones that mimic the colors of the turning trees of fall.  Summer is the time to make a statement with bright oranges, pinks and corals.  Now that autumn is underway, it is time to exchange the bright colors for far more softer, richer tones.  Below are four lipstick shades to bring in the new season:

1.  The classic nude

This is the kind of color that any girl can wear every day with a lip liner that transitions well.  It is a simple way to add color to lips to start the fall, and it can be topped off with a gloss.

Drugstore: Revlon Lustrous Lipstick in Mauve It Over, Honey Bare, Brazilian Tan

High-end: MAC Crème d’ Nude, MAC Velvet Teddy, MAC Fanfare, MAC Ravishing

2.  Orange-y rose

This beautiful rose color takes the pink undertone that comes with spring and summer and turns it into an orange that mimics the color of the turning trees.

Drugstore: Revlon Lustrous Lipstick in Abstract Orange, Wet ‘n’ Wild Sand Storm, Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Summer Sunset

High-end: MAC So Chaud, MAC Sweet & Sour

3.  Daring red

This rich color is best for later on in the autumn season as we prepare for the holidays.  It can be a worn for a night out on the town or to make for a statement pop of color with any outfit.

Drugstore: Wet ‘n’ Wild Stoplight Red, Revlon Lustrous Lipstick in Really Red, Cherry Blossom and Fire & Ice

High-end: MAC Ruby Woo, MAC Russian Red, Sephora Lip Stain 01

4.  Vampy plum

This color here is by far my favorite.  Every girl needs a shade of deep purple with either pink or blue undertones to complete her fall lipstick collection.  On a cooler day, it makes a statement that, with the right undertones, can give your skin a richer color.

Drug Store: Wet ‘n’ Wild Vamp It Up, Wet ‘n’ Wild Sugar Plum Fairy, Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Va Va Violet

High-End: MAC Heroine, MAC Cyber, Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick in L.U.V.

Believe it or not, each of the colors presented here works with every complexion.  It is a matter of figuring out your skin’s undertones and how simple or bold of a statement you are looking to make.  Check out this guide for some more help when it comes to picking lip colors:

Wave good-bye to the summer and welcome the fall with open arms and richer colors from head to toe!  Tweet us your favorite lip color looks @hercampusqu!

I am an undergraduate journalism major at Quinnipiac University. I love reading, writing, shopping, studying fashion, working hard, playing hard, and learning new things. I entertain interests in women’s issues and enjoy writing about all things interesting, beautiful, and humorous. Follow my blog at http://melissasirois.tumblr.com to see more of my work!