This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Queen's U chapter.

With International Women’s Day just recently passing, I took a moment to reflect on the women in my life who I am consistently grateful for and who have helped me grow into the woman I am today. Therefore, for my article this week I wanted to give a little reminder to myself of all the women who are important to me and hopefully inspire some of you to do the same. 

First off, my mom. She has consistently lifted me up when I am down and always reminded me that I am doing my best. My mom has always supported me in everything that I have wanted to do and continues to support me in my journey throughout school and adulthood. She is fun and vibrant and never fails to laugh with me. I hope that I can be even half as cool as her when I am her age. 

I am grateful that I get to guide my younger sister through her years as she continues to grow into an adult. She has always been my closest friend and we have always looked out for each other. I admire that she always is striving to learn new things about her interests, and is not afraid to take new leaps into unknown territories. 

The friends I have made in both high school and university, both old and new are so important to me. They are all strong, and passionate about the things they are interested in. They always push me to be the best version of myself and never fail to make me smile or laugh. I know that each and every one of them will go on to pursue great things. 

I am lucky enough to still have both of my grandmothers in my life.  My grandma on my Dad’s side has taught me what it means to be completely selfless and to never give up no matter how hard life can get. My grandma on my Mom’s side has taught me that age is just a number and you can always be young at heart. 

All of these women have been and continue to be such important figures in my life. I am so thankful that I have amazing people surrounding me that continually support me, no matter what. Although International Women’s Day is only one day of the year, it can still be pleasant to think of the women who are important to you every day and be appreciative of their presence in your life. 

Eirinn Chisholm

Queen's U '21

My name is Eirinn and I'm 21 years old. Thank you for checking out my writing here on Her Campus :)
HC Queen's U contributor