This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Queen's U chapter.

The topic of manifestation is more popular than ever. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of social media accounts dedicated to teaching you about the power of manifestation and how to properly manifest what you want. For those who don’t know what manifestation is, it’s the act of believing that you already have something and allowing it to come to you. You speak in the present tense and use active words to manifest what you desire.

Her Campus Media

Just the other day, my sister told me that she really needed money and that she was manifesting for herself to win some. I laughed when she said this.

Interestingly enough though, exactly one week later, she won money in a contest. 

So was her winning money,  just a coincidence or did her manifestation really work? 

I don’t necessarily believe in the power of manifestation, not fully anyway. However, I do believe in the power of your thoughts. I have always maintained and lived my life according to the notion: 

Thoughts are not facts. However, when you think about something enough, you believe it. This belief becomes your reality.

By definition, a manifestation is bringing something tangible into your life through your thoughts, actions, beliefs, and emotions. 

So essentially, I have believed in manifestation all my life. Your thoughts, beliefs, emotions, and actions are powerful–positive or negative. Thus, you should always try to maintain a positive mindset to truly be open and receive all the opportunities life can give you. 

You will never get into your dream school if you don’t believe that you will. Nor will you ever find a healthy relationship if you believe you aren’t worthy of love. 

Our thoughts become our entire reality. We are essentially alone with ourselves for 24 hours, 7 days a week. We don’t get breaks, even when we’re sleeping.

Thus, make your mind a loving place to live in.

Decor for zodiac
Photo by Timothy Paule II from Pexels

I leave you with this, if you want something in life, you have to believe that you deserve it and that it’ll come to you. Everything that you believe about yourself, becomes true to others. 

For example, in any social situation, people can sense confidence as quickly as they can sense insecurity. If you consistently tell yourself that you aren’t pretty enough, cool enough, or smart enough to be in a relationship, then that is what others will see. 

Manifesting is a process. A process to becoming the person you want to become. A process towards confidence and self-respect. Your thoughts become your reality so speak kindly to yourself. Once you start to believe the things you tell yourself, other people will notice. That’s simply how the law of attraction works. 

Alexandra is a fourth year student majoring in Sociology at Queen's University. She is also the president of a club on campus that she is passionate about; Girls Inc. at Queen's. She hopes her writing helps others as much as it helps her! 
HC Queen's U contributor