This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Queen's U chapter.

As we are currently living in a global pandemic, and are needing to stay home, it can become stressful constantly being closed indoors. It may seem as if there’s nothing to do and that you have exhausted all options. However, creation is never ending and there are so many opportunities to allow your mind to flourish. During this difficult time, hone into your creative mind and see how your stress dissipates. 

Embrace Your Inner Martha Stewart

Be a Martha Stew and get cooking in the kitchen! Learn to make new meals from different places around the world! Even convince your family to get invovled and switch each night for who cooks and see what interesting dishes you can whip up! Or even make dinner a collaborative effort and cook all together! Have the presentation of the food count in your cooking and see how creative you can make it look, while it tastes super delicious! For some inspiration, click here, for the world’s 50 best dishes according to CNN!

Create the Soundtrack to Your Life

Don’t you wish you had a playlist on hand for every moment? A study playlist, workout playlist, getting ready in the morning playlist! Now you have the opportunity to make the best playlists for all occasions! Listening to music is a great stress reliever and has the ability to put you in the best of moods. Take the time to create the soundtrack of your life! Get jammin’! 

Quiz Time!

Find out who actually knows you best out of your friends! Make a quiz all about you and see who really pays attention to what you say. Even make trivia questions about your favourite show or movie! This is a great way to interact with others and there are so many topics to choose from so everyone can enjoy. The possibilities are endless!

Bob Ross and Wine Night

Some painting, and a little (or a llot) of wine is a great time! Painting is very therapeutic and when you have a glass (or maybe even a bottle) of wine, the experience becomes even greater! Get lost in Bob’s calming voice and see how quickly you can keep up with his talented painting techniques! Check out his paint tutorial sessions here!

Write Letters

It is the perfect time to bring back letters. Become pen pals with your friends! Write love letters to your significant others! Send postcards to your family! Writing out your feelings on paper is a great way to work through what you are feeling and be able to share your experiences with others. So get out your pen and put it to paper! 

Read, Read, and Read!

Read! Read! Read! There’s never enough reading one can do! Read all those books that have been piling up in the corner of your room! Become enlightened! Make a book club with your friends and read each other’s favourite books! Make a Goodreads account and check out great reccomendations for all types of genres! You could travel the whole world through books, get reading!

Practice Yoga

Yoga is a great exercise that has positive benefits for both your mind and body. Additionally, there are many different types of yoga. Some of the workouts are more vigorous than others, so you can find what works out best for you! Even so, practicing yoga is a great way to start and end your day, to have a clear and fresh mind! Check out Pinterest for great templates to use.

Plan Your Dream Wedding

Nothing more needs to be said, you have the time now, why waste it?

Learn a New Language

Learning a new language is a great way to get your mind thinking! The more languages you know, the more people you’re able to connect with! Furthermore, you could teach your family around the dinner table what you learned and pass down the knowledge! Dulingo is a great app to learn new languages from! 

Try out a Bullet Journal

There’s a vast amount of creativity that can be done between these dotted pages! Use it as a space to draw, or to hold your schedules and to-do lists. It can even just be a place to put all your doodles in. It truly is up to your imagination!

Have fun, get creative, and stay safe!

Erica Labriola

Queen's U '21

Erica Labriola is studying English Literature and Psychology at Queen’s University. She loves reading, F.R.I.E.N.D.S, and oat matcha lattes (with extra vanilla).
HC Queen's U contributor