Breakfast on the go

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Queen's U chapter.

We’ve all done it. Hit snooze for the third time and then looked at our phones in disbelief that it is already 8:00 A.M. While it’s tempting to skip out on eating, breakfast is actually the most important meal of the day. I’m definitely more of a Sunday morning, breakfast in bed, kind of girl, but here are some quick and healthy breakfasts that you can take on the go!

1. Yogurt, granola and fruit.

Simple, healthy, and delicious. This can be easily put into a Tupperware and feel free to use whatever fruit is in season. My personal favourites are strawberries and bananas but if you’re feeling adventurous, persimmon and pomegranate are perfect for the fall. To satisfy that sweet tooth, throw in some dark chocolate or honey to taste. 

1. Green smoothie.

Smoothies are a GREAT breakfast to prep the night before. Throw two stalks of kale, one banana, one teaspoon of honey, two tablespoons of yogurt and a quarter cup of milk into a blender cup. All you have to do the next morning is blend it and take your smoothie on the go!

3. Chia seed pudding.

Move over quinoa, chia is the new super food in town. This meal takes a bit of preparation the night before. Soak a quarter cup of chia seeds with half a cup of milk, two teaspoons of honey and a banana in your blender cup. Blend the next morning (you may need to add milk if the pudding is too thick) and add fruit to your liking.

4. Bagel with peanut butter.

A quick and easy meal that really takes no preparation at all. It’s important to get your carbs and protein in the morning so that you are filled with energy for the day.  Top with bananas and honey if you’re craving something sweeter.

5. Avocado on toast.

Toast your favourite type of whole grain bread and top it with slices of avocado. Avocados are rich in fiber, potassium and healthy fats. The creaminess of the avocado is a perfect complement to the crispness of your favourite toast. 

Diane Wu

Queen's U