What to Look Out for on Amazon for Cyber Monday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Time to open your wallets and spend some cash because the biggest deals of the year are almost upon us! Black Friday and Cyber Monday are coming in a few days. However, because of the pandemic, does this mean there will be a Cyber Friday and Monday, or will some stores still be open to greet guests at midnight? Whatever the case, your safest and healthiest bet is to participate in the incredible Cyber Monday (in my opinion I find this a lot better because you don’t have to dress up and can shop from the comfort of your home). What deals should we look out for? Who will have the best deals? From making predictions about Amazon’s Cyber Monday deals last year, here are three things that are sure to be big in 2020.

Any Alexa products

Of course, any Amazon Cyber Monday wouldn’t be the same without any Alexa products. These smart home robots are a perfect addition to any home, apartment, or dorm room. Which Alexa products should you look out for? To be fair, I would say any. Though the Alexa Show will probably be the most popular, I can honestly bet their older series will be have the best deals attached to them. My favorite Alexa device is the Echo Dot. It’s small, compact, lightweight, and easy to take with you wherever you go!

Tech

Of course, tech had to be on this list. In this list tech embodies all things technology: TVs, iPads, iPhones, smart watches, and anything else you can think of. The biggest thing I would look out for would be any smart TVs as these are always the most popular item in the tech market. Other pieces of tech I would watch for are the Nintendo Switch Lite and PS5. Gift idea of the day: I bet your brother or dad would love having a brand-new console to play COD on while watching it on their brand new 80 in smart, flat screen TV.

Ancestry and trait tests

Want to know more about your past, where your great great great grandparents came from, or whether anything else unique about you? Well it looks like these ancestry and trait tests are big once again this year! It seems this hot item is already even on sale at Amazon. Who knows… maybe there’ll be an even bigger sale on it once Cyber Monday rolls around?

With the pandemic still at a high point in America, it’s safe to say Black Friday probably won’t be as big this year. Luckily, we still have cyber Monday to look forward too. It has just as great of deals as Black Friday does, plus, you can shop from the comfort of your home in your PJs if you wanted to. Of course, there will be more deals than the three I presented to you, but these will be the ones to look out for. Hopefully my list gave your wallet some inspiration for the holiday season!

Ava Smith

Purdue '23

Hello! My name is Ava Smith. I am a junior studying Advertising and Film Studies. I am from a suburb of Chicago called St. Charles and enjoy all the wonderful parks it has to offer. My hobbies consist of writing, filmmaking, and spontaneous adventures with friends. Currently, I am the Multimedia Manager for Boiler Communication and Social Media Moguel at the Hub on State Street. This is my second year being involved in Her Campus and I am so excited about all the new memories and opportunities I will make this year and for years to come!