This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

A good way to enjoy the beginning of the holiday season is through baking, so I have compiled a list of items that are sure to make your fall a little sweeter!

Pumpkin Roll

While this is an item, I have tried for the first time only recently, I have come to love it and am looking forward to baking my own at home. This cake has a delicate cinnamon and pumpkin flavor while having a sweet cream cheese layer rolled in the inside of the cake or spread across the top. Pumpkin is truly a classic fall item and what better way to incorporate it into your season than use it to bake!

Apple Cider Doughnuts

Whether you are picking apples at your local orchard or simply looking for a dessert with them in it, these are a great option. Apple cider doughnuts tend to be a sweet cake infused with a bright cider flavor, and then covered in sugar. A glass of warm apple cider would be a great drink to enjoy with these if you try them out!

Pillsbury Pumpkin Sugar Cookies

If baking isn’t your thing but you still want the opportunity to have a fall treat, these are for you. All you need to do is head to your local grocery store and pick up a pack of the fall-themed Pillsbury sugar cookies and place them in the oven until ready! Simple, yet a satisfying fall sweet.

While there are many things to look forward to in the fall, baking is one thing that can make any season more enjoyable! Hopefully you can try out these ideas on a chilly autumn day that you are craving something sweet. 

Katelin Bauer is a Junior studying Psychological Sciences with a minor in Law and Society. She is originally from Wisconsin growing up in the Milwaukee area. She enjoys spending time outdoors, traveling, baking, and spending time with friends.