Photo of the store front Victoria’s Secret/Pink
Veronica Vives
Life > Experiences

QUICK! Apply to Become a PINK Campus Rep Before It’s Too Late!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

With the seemingly endless extracurriculars available at Purdue, narrowing down the opportunities can be tough. Despite my hectic schedule, becoming a PINK campus rep has been one of the best decisions I have made throughout my four years at Purdue. Here is why you should consider joining the 2022-2023 PINK campus rep class.

*NEW for the upcoming term* School supplies & textbooks paid for by Bartleby & PINK

As reps support PINK on college campuses across the country, the brand supports them right back by funding their school supplies and textbooks. Not to mention that PINK urges campus reps to prioritize mental health, providing them with guidance in navigating college-related concerns.

Resume builder

If your resume could use some bulking, this role can certainly help you to accomplish that! A few examples of resume builders that this role provides include experience leading a team, managing professional social media accounts, as well as planning and hosting events.

Networking

From PINK HQ leadership Zoom calls to interacting with other PINK campus reps, this brand offers networking opportunities that could not be found elsewhere. If you are looking to expand your horizons and meet people who are in different majors at different schools than you, this role may be worth applying for!

Inside scoop on upcoming PINK campaigns

In the PINK Campus Rep smartphone application, reps are asked to respond to surveys and blog posts with their thoughts on potential new products. Your feedback could impact the decisions that are made at PINK HQ!

Chance to be featured on the official PINK social media accounts

In the fall 2021 semester alone, PINK Purdue team members have made appearances on the official PINK Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube accounts! Such achievements are valuable to add to your personal portfolio or LinkedIn profile.

Incentive Trips & Recognition Incentives

Schools are rewarded for going above and beyond in campus events and social media challenges. In the past, reps have been sent iPads, airpods, Louis Vuitton wallets, Lush Cosmetics products, and more! Additionally, the top performing schools of each semester earn an incentive trip, which has been to New York and Arizona in the past.

Freebies, of course!

One of the most exciting parts of becoming a PINK campus rep is being able to strut around campus wearing the latest PINK product lines. PINK is incredibly generous when it comes to treating their campus reps. When the brand partners with companies like UGG Australia, it is likely that they will send a product or two to reps to post about on social media.

Paid Position

As if the generous gifts were not enough, PINK pays campus reps for the hours they pour into the position. The time commitment aspect of this role may be hefty, but the brand does everything in their power to provide reps with the appreciation that they deserve.

Of course, with all of these perks comes hard work and dedication. Repping PINK isn’t easy, but the feeling of stepping back and admiring the success that has resulted from your efforts is unmatched. Such an opportunity only comes once in a lifetime, and I would encourage you to take the giant leap. If you are interested in applying for the 2022-2023 school year, visit @vspinkpurdue on Instagram, where you will find the application link in our bio!

Does this role sound exciting, but too much to put on top of your already busy workload? Have no fear! The Purdue PINK campus team (which is led by the two Purdue campus reps) is accepting applications for the Spring 2022 semester from now until January 19, 2022. Campus team members hold a variety of roles: freshman liaison, photographer/videographer, community & partnership outreach, social guru, and trendsetter. Team members have a much less intense time commitment to PINK, but are encouraged to get as involved as they desire (past what is expected of their position). If you are interested in applying, please visit the link in the @vspinkpurdue bio on Instagram for more information.

Lauren Beck

Purdue '22

Lauren Beck is a senior at Purdue University, majoring in marketing. Originally from Bartlett, Illinois, Lauren loves to film YouTube videos, drink horchata and play Fortnite. You can follow her on Instagram @Sillysnorin