This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

It’s that time of year again: finals season. I understand how stressful studying and preparing for all your final papers, projects, and exams are. One thing that tends to happen when you’re studying for so long is that you begin to get burnt out. One of the most important things to do while studying for such long times is to take breaks. You need to allow your mind to have a break away from the stress of school. To help you take breaks I have come up with a list of the best ways to spend a study break.

1. Face Mask

Face masks are a great way to treat yourself when you’re stressed. They usually only take 15 to 20 minutes too so it is an ideal quick study break. Best part is that you can get facemasks at any drug store and they’re very inexpensive.

2. Get Some Brain Food

When you’re studying your brain uses a ton of energy. To keep yourself sharp and alert, make sure you have snacks. Try apples and peanut butter for an energy and protein filled snack!

3. Watch a Funny Video

One of my favorite ways to get my mind off of studying is by laughing. I love to watch old vine compilations; they are guaranteed to make you laugh. Or if you don’t like vine, I suggest watching Ellen’s comedy special on Netflix.

4. Go for a Walk

Take a break and get some exercise! Sitting for those long amounts of time aren’t great for you so be sure to get up a move. With the weather finally getting nicer, maybe take a walk out to Happy Hollow Park.

5. Treat Yourself with Some Ice Cream

Ladies, treat yourself. You deserve some ice cream for all the hard work you’ve put in. Plus, the weather is perfect for ice cream, finally!

Megan is a junior at Purdue University pursuing a double major in Political Science and English. In her spare time, she enjoys traveling and online shopping. She is proudly from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and will never let you forget it . Follow her on Instagram @megan_sommerfeld
All the way from Phoenix, Arizona, Janice attends Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana, where she is currently a bioengineering major. Spending her time daydreaming Janice can be found jamming out to any song, watching netflix, or studying for the terrifying tests she has around the corner. You can follow her adventures @janichan on instagram.