This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Finals week can get extremely crazy with everyone trying to get that perfect study spot. You know the one, with the perfect lighting, just right noise level, and enough space to sprawl out. Unfortunately, these spots are highly sought after and go quicker than Black Friday deals. But luckily, Purdue and the areas surrounding Purdue like Chauncey have spaces that not everyone knows about.

1. HSEE​

I know HSEE is a main library, but there are so many study spaces that are amazing. They have perfect desks that help minimize distractions with dividers. They also have great tables that have enough space for everyone. Not to mention, HSEE is generally quiet.

2. Hicks

Hicks is one of my favorites because its open all day and all night. I don’t have to worry about getting kicked out. The downside is that it is super easy to lose track of time since it is underground and I can’t tell what time of day it is outside.

3. Union

I love studying at the Union because if I get hungry I can just go to one of the many restaurants or the Urban Market for a quick energy refuel. Also if you haven’t seen the Christmas tree yet, go check it out along with the gingerbread houses.

4. West Lafayette Public Library

The public library at Chauncey area is a new place that I found to study. It’s super quiet and right across the street from food. 

5. Rawls

Rawls has amazing windows that look out onto State Street and make for a great view when studying. 

All the way from Phoenix, Arizona, Janice attends Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana, where she is currently a bioengineering major. Spending her time daydreaming Janice can be found jamming out to any song, watching netflix, or studying for the terrifying tests she has around the corner. You can follow her adventures @janichan on instagram.