This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Deciding what to bring to college can be extremely stressful. Here are a couple essentials that I can’t live without: 

1. Hair dryer

Owning a hair dryer in college is a must for a few reasons. First, obviously is drying your hair. Second, is drying clothes. This one sounds a little weird, but trust me at some point you will be getting ready to leave for something important and spill something on yourself. You will want a hair dryer to dry the spot off fast rather than having to go through your whole closet for a new outfit.

2.) Face wipes

Not makeup remover wipes (although you will want those), but face wipes. I take face wipes in my bag with me to the gym for after my workout, for late night study sessions, or just in case I run into a situation when I need one. I carry face wipes around for when I need a nice refresh and just want to feel a little cleaner!

3.) Facemasks

College is full of late nights and early mornings. It can be a trying time for your skin, so I suggest you bring a good face mask with you. Coming home from a stressful day and being able to treat yourself with a facemask is a great way to wind down. Or having your friends over for facemasks and binge watching your favorite shows on Netflix makes for a great girl’s night!

4.) Dry shampoo

Owning a bottle of dry shampoo is a 100% must in college. For times when you are so tired, but very busy and need to choose between washing your hair or taking a nap. Take that nap and bust out the dry shampoo!

5.) Steripod

If you have never heard of a steripod then you are truly missing out. Steripod is a toothbrush protector which is great especially when you are sharing a bathroom without people or you just need to pack your toothbrush for a weekend trip.

Let us know what college beauty essentials you can’t live without by tweeting us. 

Taylor is from a small farm town called McCordsville, Indiana but has some big goals set for herself. Currently she is studying selling and sales with a management minor at Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana. In her free time Taylor enjoys photography and being a freelance model, traveling, spending time with her friends and family, and watching Netflix. You can follow her career @taylorbragdon on Instagram.
All the way from Phoenix, Arizona, Janice attends Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana, where she is currently a bioengineering major. Spending her time daydreaming Janice can be found jamming out to any song, watching netflix, or studying for the terrifying tests she has around the corner. You can follow her adventures @janichan on instagram.