samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Backpack Necessities

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Of course, there are major backpack necessities like pens, pencils, and notebooks, but there are other backpack essentials that we need during the day. Here are five of my essentials. 

1. Hair ties

Whenever I need a hair tie, I can never find one! But keeping them in my backpack has been a life saver, especially when I have lab and need my hair up. I keep them all in one place so that I know where I can find them in a hurry. 

2. LotionMy hands are always dry, especially in the winter time. The hand lotion that I have been loving is the Crabtree and Evelyn Ultra Moisturizing Hand Cream Therapy. I got it for Christmas, and it has helped out my skin so much with staying hydrated. 

3. Tissue packs

The fluctuating weather has been making my nose go extra crazy. I get the sniffles so bad and having tissues on command have helped out tremendously. You can find tissue packs basically anywhere, but I normally get them from the travel section in Target. 

4. Hand sanitizerFlu season is still upon us and we all need to make sure that we are sanitizing and killing bad germs that make us sick. Spring Break is almost here and there is no way I am getting sick and spending it in bed. I just got a hand sanitizer from the travel section at Target, but if you’re looking for something that looks cuter or smells better, check out Bath and Body Works. 

5. SnacksHaving something to eat is a must. I am always on the go and running around campus, because of this I sometimes don’t have enough time to get food. Normally, if I can’t concentrate in class, it’s because I’m hungry, so having a couple snacks in my backpack come in handy.

I hope that my backpack essentials have got all of you thinking about what you want to carry in your backpacks. Let us know what your favorite essentials are by tweeting us @HerCampusPurdue.

All the way from Phoenix, Arizona, Janice attends Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana, where she is currently a bioengineering major. Spending her time daydreaming Janice can be found jamming out to any song, watching netflix, or studying for the terrifying tests she has around the corner. You can follow her adventures @janichan on instagram.