This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Honestly, I think I call my mom too much in college. I’m always in need of some advice or simply need someone to talk to after a long day of drama. Some people barely even talk to their parents, but I’ve decided to go to opposite route and call my mom pretty much all the time. 

Some people may wonder why, so I decided to share my reasons as to why I call my mom in college – and why you should too. 

She’s Your Number One Fan

Your mom has been supporting you from day one, from the moment you were born to the minute you stepped onto the campus you attend. She’s cheered for you along the way and wished you well on tests, dates, and anything else. If anything, she’ll be the one getting you through the midterms, not coffee. 

She’s The Best Stress-Reliever 

Do you remember when you were younger and you just had those long days in elementary school, and you’d come home and you’d cry to your mom about how awful it was? 

Although none of us are that young any more, mothers always seem to have the best advice about anything that is going on in our lives? Bad breakup? Friend drama? Dating advice? Your mom is there to help, because she’s been through it all. 

She’s a Cookbook

This sounds weird to say, but hear me out. When you go to college, it’s your first chance of really living on your own. When I first started living in my apartment, I had no idea how to cook. My simple solution was to call my mom, and ask for the easiest meals I could make. 

Couple years later and I’m a senior, cooking full-fledged meals in my apartment because she’s helped me through some of the hardest things about cooking. There’s nothing better than a home cooked meal, and if you can somehow recreate that by talking through your mom, it’s worth the chat. 

She Genuinely Wants to Hear from You

I’m serious when I say that moms love to talk to you. When you see your mom call you out of nowhere, it’s not just because she has to confirm something with you or ask you about a class you’re taking. They want to hear about your day and know how you’re doing. They want to make sure you’re doing well in college and meeting all your deadlines. 

But other than that, they just want to know about your life. They aren’t trying to control it. They want to know how good your life is going and I feel like that’s worth a talking to. 

Take the time out and call your mom! You won’t regret it. 

Alexandra is a senior at Penn State majoring in Digital-Print Journalism in the College of Communications. She is the assistant editor for Her Campus and loves everything else PSU has to offer her. She is involved with the Onward State, and would like to somehow benefit THON. Alex loves to write, sing, bake, and dance around like no one is watching. Alex is known to love her animals, including her cat, Grace, who isa little devil at the same time. Oh, and pizza. She loves pizza like it's her world. Follow her on Instagram for her craziness: allieramos1698
Bailey McBride is a Senior at Penn State University pursuing a Broadcast Journalism degree with minors in Political Science and Digital Media Trends & Analytics. She is a sister of Delta Gamma. She enjoys making hyper-organizational lists and looking at future pups to adopt. Her dream job is to be Press Secretary of the White House.