This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

I don’t know if it is just me, but I am so ready for Thanksgiving break.

Whether it be my academics, my extracurriculars, my job or even just trying to have a social life, everything about this entire semester has drained me physically and mentally. I am honestly quite exhausted and I really just want to go home and see my family.

Now, I have never been the type to experience homesickness, as all my life I grew up moving from place to place (my mom served in the military), so I am used to adapting and making any new location a home, yet it feels as though the feeling has crept upon me in the last few months.

I recall that in my freshman year I dreaded the prospect of going back home for breaks, as I couldn’t fathom going back to my parents after enjoying the freedom being at college brought me. Now, I don’t know if I will last five more days being stuck on this campus. I guess you can say that’s a perk of being an out-of-state student, (that was definitely sarcasm if you were wondering.)

I believe I speak for all students when I say that this break is one that is very anticipated, and quite literally needed.

The vibes I am getting from this place is that everyone is truly and utterly fed up, and going home may just be the break that everyone needs before finals literally obliterate us all (figuratively, I promise.)

I know for me I just can’t wait to see my mom, as well as my pets and honestly just the comfortable haven that only home can bring. Plus, I am excited about some home-cooked meals, which are nonexistent while living on a college campus.

While it does feel as though the months have flown by, it still feels like every day is simply a long one. Not to mention the weather needs to make up its mind.

I know my family is excited to see me, and I am just counting down the days till Thanksgiving break and finally a reprieve from the stress that being a college student amounts to. Although I am not excited to fill out the FASFA, that’s just a whole other entity in itself.

But, whether you’re excited about a break simply just to get away from school or are feeling an intense amount of homesickness, I hope I can speak for everyone when I say that a break away may be just the thing that we all need in order to power through the last few weeks of the fall semester.

Then, it’s on to a relaxing, Christmas-filled winter break.

Although the impending stress of finals is near, I know that this break will do me some good, and I can always count on my family to help cheer me up from the tiring emotions that college seems to bring.

And I hope for all of you, that this Thanksgiving break will do you some good and give you a bit of holiday cheer.

Elonie is a sophomore currently attending Penn State as a journalism major. When she's not busy, she's curled up starting Netflix shows she'll never finish.