This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, but this isn’t the only day you should make sure your partner know how much you care. There are so many ways you could show your partner you care every single day. It’s really easy and some of them are so quick, but trust me- your partner will be thinking about it all day. 

1. Watch their favorite movie with them even if it doesn’t interest you at all. My boyfriend absolutely loves the Star Wars movies, and honestly I can’t tell the difference between Yoda and Jabba. (If that’s even a reasonable comparison). However, one night I sat down and watched one with him, and he talked about it for a week. 

2. Help them clean their space a little bit. This was once I wasn’t really expecting whenever I did it, but it meant a lot to him. He gushed about how much more fun it made the experience, and how easy it was for him to do when he wasn’t doing it alone. Plus, you could find some quirky and funny things when you’re helping them clean up their room that will make you love them even more. 

3. If you know you’re going to run into them on campus or in town, pick up their favorite food or coffee on the way. It’ll be a cute little surprise and trust me the smile you get is worth it. It’ll be something they thank you for, and something they’ll think about for the rest of the day.

4. Encourage them to spend time with their friends. Their relationship with their friends can be just as important as their relationship with you. Encourage them to continue building their relationships, and try to become friends with their friends. It’ll make boys nights for him better, and your relationship stronger. 

5. Offer to be DD, or make plans for them to get home safe. There have been times when my boyfriend has been out and was stressing on a way to get home. Sometimes I’ll order him an Uber from the comfort of my bed, or I’ll venmo him money to get one himself. He never asks, but I like that he knows that I care about his safety. It’s important to let them know that their safety is important to you, and you can go to sleep knowing that they’re safe. 

Junior at Pennsylvania State University, Journalism major, Class of 2020