Trader Joe\'S Reusable Bag
Trader Joe\'S Reusable Bag
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon
Wellness > Health

Trader Joe’s Products I Love as a Hot Girl with Stomach Issues

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

For the first time in a year and a half, I have to do my own grocery shopping. It’s stressful but also something I enjoy doing because I can make lists and plan ahead. I can also buy food that brings me joy. One of the other things I do that brings me joy is shop at Trader Joe’s. 

Now, I just recently converted to the Trader Joe’s lifestyle. My roommate took me there in August, and I’ve never looked back. Along with the amazing prices, atmosphere, and selection of products, I’ve found that their products are also easy on my stomach, something I am always happy about because I have IBS. Here are a few products that agree with my gut and keep me coming back to Trader Joe’s.

P.S.: I am not a dietitian nor a medical doctor who studies digestive issues; I have just found that these products work for me and rarely upset my stomach. They might not work as well for you since everyone’s gut is different. 

Popped Popcorn
Kirby Barth / Spoon
  1. Baked Corn Crunchies

These crunchies are addicting. They are basically knock-off Cheetos but without the excessive cheese and greasy feeling. Also, the main ingredient is corn which is way better for my sensitive stomach than wheat or gluten. 

1. Chocolate Chip Dunkers

Whenever I’m in a sweets mood, I’ll snack on these dunkers. The chocolate chip ones are good, but I personally prefer the dark chocolate-dipped ones. Surprisingly, the gluten and milk in them don’t upset my stomach when I eat these. You also get a ton of dunkers in one package, so they’ll last you a while (or maybe not). 

1. Dark Chocolate Bars

Milk chocolate can be hit or miss with my stomach, so I try to eat dark chocolate when possible. However, dark chocolate can get expensive, so thankfully, I always get mine at Trader Joe’s. It is under $3 for a pack of these dark chocolate bars, and the ingredients are simple. 

1. Organic Popcorn with Olive Oil

Since I try to stay away from wheat products, I often eat popcorn as a snack. This Trader Joe’s popcorn is around $2 for a bag and it doesn’t contain an excessive amount of ingredients like the usual microwave popcorn. Also, it’s already popped, so I don’t have to do any work. 

1. Chicken Gyoza Potstickers

Once I tried these potstickers, I understood why people raved about them so much. These potstickers are a quick and easy meal to make without breaking the bank. They are stuffed with just the right amount of cabbage, onion, and chicken so I can enjoy them and not worry about getting an upset stomach. 

1. Frozen Fruit

I love putting frozen berries into my yogurt and smoothies in the morning. Frozen fruit can often be expensive, though, especially if you’re buying a significant amount. Trader Joe’s has great deals on frozen blueberries and strawberries, so I can enjoy fruit for days without spending all my money. Seriously, their frozen fruit is sometimes less than $3. 

Happy shopping, besties!

Hannah Nelson is a senior at Penn State University, double majoring in Print/Digital Journalism and History. She enjoys Marvel movies, anything Harry Potter, books, quoting Vines and watching Tik Toks. In her free time, she is probably watching Try Guys videos on YouTube. She is passionate about mental health, women's rights and the Black Lives Matter movement.