Things To Do In State College On Valentine’s Day If You’re Single

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Being single can be amazing – you have time to work on yourself, meet new people and strengthen your non-romantic relationships – but there’s one day a year that it sucks, and that’s Valentine’s Day. However, I’ve compiled a fun list of things to do that’ll absolutely distract you from crushing loneliness!

1. Scream in the middle of the HUB

You know what’s really cathartic? Letting out a big yell when you’re feeling frustrated. You know what’s even more cathartic, especially if you love attention? Screaming in the middle of the HUB, preferably nice and early while everyone is getting their coffee at Starbucks. Who knows, maybe your vocal performance will save them an overpriced cup of coffee because they’d already be awake because you’re impossible to ignore!

2. Lay face down in the snow on Old Main

Winter can be depressing. Sometimes we try to cheer ourselves up with some self-care – a nice bath, a face mask, a cold compress – but why not take advantage of the free facial tightening treatment from Mother Nature herself and lie face-down in the snow, completely motionless. Fun, free and who knows? Maybe Mr. Right will be standing in front of you when you decide to get up.

3. Walk up and down College Ave whispering sweet nothings at couples on the street

A brisk walk does the mind good. And on this celebration of love, why not share your thoughts with the world? Walk up to every couple you see and whisper the first thought that comes to your mind – anything goes!

4. Re-enact Eat, Pray, Love

Personally, I’ve never seen this movie, but the steps seem pretty self-explanatory. You eat, then pray, and then love (?) and any deviation from this pattern is unacceptable.

5. Go for a refreshing five-mile run

You know what’s really great for you? Running. You should definitely – lol, just kidding. Running sucks, Valentine’s Day sucks and you should just stay home all day and eat heart-shaped candy and watch “Grey’s Anatomy”, but only the scene where Mark Sloan dies because that’s the only appropriate Valentine’s Day #mood.

I am a Public Relations major at the Pennsylvania State University. When I'm not writing for Her Campus, I enjoy watching the Office and volunteering at my local animal shelters.
Aisha is currently a senior at Penn State University, studying Telecommunications in the Donald P. Bellisario College of Communications. She is a contributing writer and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State and her hobbies are reading, listening to music, and watching hockey. Originally hailing from Jakarta, Indonesia, her dream for the future is to someday be part of the book publishing industry, digital marketing or work on a media team for a sports team.