This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Everyone is familiar with Mr. Monopoly. The wealthy, old socialite who encourages you to buy every property, railroad and utility without going completely bankrupt. He is the poster child for unfinished business, drinks being thrown and relationships being tarnished until the end of time—ALL because someone wouldn’t sell their “Get Out of Jail Free” card. This old man has caused us more agony than what we give him credit for, and according to CNN, it’s time for Mr. Monopoly to get a new look. 

Hasbro has decided to agree with Beyoncé and produce a game where girls run the world. The new game, Ms. Monopoly, will share the same goal as the original Monopoly, but will give the female players a bit of an advantage. 

In this new game female players will gain $240 every time they pass go, whereas male player will gain the standard $200 every time they pass go. Another change in the popular game is that players will be investing in women made inventions. This will include Wi-Fi and chocolate chip cookies, and many more. 

Other than these small changes, the game will continue in the same fashion as its predecessor. The game is expected to be up for pre-order on September 10, and Hasbro is expecting the game to be a hit. 

It’s no surprise that the business world can be considered a man’s world, but with Hasbro creating this game brings attention to the fact that women can be some of the greatest business people in the world. Also, it points out the wage gap and other unfair advantages the men receive in their professional lives.      

This game will definitely be a perspective changer and conversation starter at anyone’s game night. Girls just want to have fun, and with this game there is no doubt that the girls will be running the world from the top of it. 

Junior at Pennsylvania State University, Journalism major, Class of 2020
Bailey McBride is a Senior at Penn State University pursuing a Broadcast Journalism degree with minors in Political Science and Digital Media Trends & Analytics. She is a sister of Delta Gamma. She enjoys making hyper-organizational lists and looking at future pups to adopt. Her dream job is to be Press Secretary of the White House.