Unlikely Celebrity Couples: False Rumors or True Love?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

In the past few months, new celebrity relationships have formed. In an almost pattern-like way, each couple that has been revealed seems to be breaking the typical relationship standards.

This creates the question: did these couples really find love in each other, or is it just a short-term fling fueled by rumors?

Timotheé Chalamet and kylie jenner

These two made it official when they attended the U.S. Open together in September 2023. Many fans believe that this is an odd pairing since Jenner was previously in a long-term relationship with Travis Scott, while Chalamet has a track record of being with models and actresses such as Lily Rose Depp and Eiza González.

A source from US Weekly magazine said that the couple has a “very casual” romance. Despite this, the romance still seems to be there.

Jenner and Chalamet have had photos released of them cuddling, kissing and dancing with each other at a Beyoncé concert as well as at a New York Fashion Week dinner and the 2024 Golden Globes.

This could be a blooming romance, but it is hard to tell if it will last. These two seem so unlike in almost every aspect; however, it could be what makes them work so well together.

It is clear that the relationship is not rumored anymore, and neither Chalamet nor Jenner are afraid to display their affection for one another publicly.

harry styles and taylor russell

Harry Styles and Taylor Russell have sparked some relationship rumors recently. Since July 2023, they have been spotted going on walks and attending after-parties together.

Styles is one to keep his relationships extremely private, so it’s hard to tell if the two have made it official. Relationship rumors between the two started when Styles attended the opening night of “The Effect” in August, a play Russell is starring in.

The two cozied up to each other at the after-party. Since then, it is assumed that their relationship has continued to grow and develop.

They seem to be consistently spotted with one another, so rumors that they aren’t actually dating are falling by the wayside.

TaYLOR SWIFT AND TRAVIS KELCE

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce are the talk of every news source.

Since these two have been spotted together, they have created mass hysteria in the media by their presence together.

It started when Swift attended a Chiefs game in Kansas City on Sept. 24, 2023, and sat with Donna Kelce, Travis’ mother.

Since that game, speculations about the relationship between Kelce and Swift have skyrocketed.

Kelce and Swift have since confirmed their relationship. However, rumors are circulating about how long they have been seeing each other and if their relationship will develop into something more.

In Kelce’s “New Heights Podcast,” he said that Swift “looked amazing and everybody was talking about her in great light.” It can be assumed that they are still going strong at this point in their relationship.

Phoebe Bridgers and bo burnham

There have been rumors about the relationship between Phoebe Bridgers and Bo Burnham for quite a while. When Phoebe was on the “Eras Tour” with Taylor Swift, a not-so-discrete video posted by Keith Urban accidentally revealed Bridgers and Burnham kissing in the background.

Since that video, rumors have begun to develop about the status of the relationship between the two.

In August 2023, Bridgers posted a picture on her Instagram story of her and Burnham on a piano bench together. This sparked more rumors about their relationship and if they were official since this was the first time Bridgers posted with Burnham.

On Oct. 2, Bridgers posted what appears to be her and Burnham hugging together in a collection of photos from her on tour. This picture continued to add fuel to the fire on whether the relationship speculations were true or if she and Burnham were a short-term fling.

The pair have since been spotted together in the early days of January 2024.

These couples have created chaos throughout the media, with constant new updates and posts about possible rumors and drama happening every day. As for now, these four couples seem to be going steady, and it’s only a matter of time until a new it-couple is added to the rankings.

Adie is a second year at Penn State studying Public Relations with a minor in Digital Media Trends and Analytics.