The Start of Fall Semester, As Told By To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

To all the textbooks I’ve bought and never used before… here’s what being back on campus for fall semester is like, as told by our current Netflix obsession, To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before:

1. When the excitement of being back on campus fades away and you actually have to do work:

This was a trap.

2. When your professor says they run a “technology-free” classroom:

You’re going to have to pry my MacBook out of my hands.

3. When you have to introduce yourself to the class:

One fun fact about myself is that I’m really uncomfortable right now.

4. When your professor decides to surprise you with a quiz during the first week and you still manage to get an A:

You just witnessed the power of street knowledge.

5. When you’re waiting by the door for the delivery of all your favorite foods you missed over the summer:

You know you’ll probably end up waiting an hour for your Pokie sticks but it’ll be so worth it.

6. When you have to go to office hours because you’re being forced to take classes that have no connection to your major and you have no idea what’s going on:

Math is a foreign language and should be considered as such.

7. When someone’s bragging about their summer internship and you’re trying to find a reason to care:

Nope, nothing here.

8. When you go to the library to do work and then remember why you never go to the library to do work.

Excuse me for breathing.

9. When you say you’re too exhausted to go out but then someone texts you to meet at Café:

Who can resist those tea pitchers and skillet fries?

10. When you realize you’ve been blessed with another four months at the best school in the world:

Penn State forever.

Samantha Grillo graduated from Penn State University with a bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism. She loves creative writing, pop culture and Penn State, all of which led her to joining the Her Campus Penn State team at the beginning of her freshman year as a contributing writer. In her free time, Samantha enjoys reading, watching her favorite TV shows, and catching up on the latest movies.