timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

My Last Football Game as a Student

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Somehow my roommates’ favorite song has become Goodbye My Lover, by the one and only James Blunt. Not only is that song a bop that has to be sung from the top of your lungs, but it also represents certain parts of our senior year.

In November, we all attended our last Penn State Football game as students. It was essentially our first last. As we Ubered to the stadium one last time, I reminisced on my first time in Beaver Stadium. It was raining. It was cold. I also could not stop coughing. However, people kept telling me that the student section in Beaver Stadium is unlike anything you will ever experience, so I knew I had to check it out. Since then I have attended many games that have been rainy and cold. Luckily, my last one as a student was a bit sunny.

After our Uber dropped us off, we swiped our student IDs one last time. Then we entered into the stadium. We all smiled but it felt different in the stadium. We knew that this would be one of the last times we were all gathered like this in a while. I do not remember any plays that happened in that game. I do not remember who won either. I do remember spending the day with my best friends. We were all once random strangers who happened to meet each other our freshman year, but Penn State brought us together. We turned from strangers to friends to roommates. When we reached our bleacher spot in the stadium, we all just stared at the bright green field and the tens of thousands of people wearing their blue and white. I thought, “gosh I love this school.” We took it all in that day. Then when we left, we heard James Blunt playing in our heads. We heard him say “Goodbye my lover, goodbye my friend.” But for now, it is not goodbye Beaver Stadium Student Section, it is see you soon old friend.

Maire is a junior at Penn State majoring in psychology. She loves ice cream, writing, and crocs. She hopes to grow as a writer during her time at Her Campus. She loves the environment. Follow her vegetarian food Instagram for cool and fun content @iturnipforvegetables !
Aisha is currently a senior at Penn State University, studying Telecommunications in the Donald P. Bellisario College of Communications. She is a contributing writer and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State and her hobbies are reading, listening to music, and watching hockey. Originally hailing from Jakarta, Indonesia, her dream for the future is to someday be part of the book publishing industry, digital marketing or work on a media team for a sports team.