Trader Joe\'S Reusable Bag
Trader Joe\'S Reusable Bag
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon
Wellness > Health

My Favorite Frozen Finds from Trader Joe’s

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Trader Joe’s has always been an obsession of mine, and I swear every food in my kitchen is from that place. Everything in their frozen aisle is so good and easy to make. You can’t go wrong with whatever you pick out. Here are my recent favorites that I have been grabbing every time I go to Trader Joe’s: 

1. ANY type of Gnocchi 

This has to be my favorite meal. Any type of gnocchi is so good, but Trader Joe’s has kale, sweet potato, cauliflower, and outside-in stuffed gnocchi. They are all absolute fire and so easy to cook. These are perfect for when you want a quick and easy dinner. 

2. Mandarin Orange chicken 

Trader Joe’s mandarin chicken is definitely a fan favorite. My family had it with rice once a week growing up, and it was my favorite meal of the week. It is so flavorful and yummy and a breeze to make.

3. Guilt-free Mac n Cheese

Who doesn’t love mac n cheese but a healthy version? Yes, please! This is so delicious, and you can pop it in the microwave for it to be ready in just a few short minutes! 10/10 recommend for when you are craving mac n cheese, but you want to still be healthy. 

4. Vegetable Fried Rice

Another delicious and easy dinner. The veggie fried rice is so easy to make and yummy that it tastes as it came from a restaurant. You can have it as a meal itself or pair it with something else, 10/10 recommend. 

5. Turkey Burgers 

This is one of my newer discoveries, and I have to say, I am obsessed. I made a turkey burger the other day, and it was so easy to make. You also can make turkey tacos with this or even just put it on top of a salad! 

6. Steamed Chicken Soup Dumplings 

My mouth is watering at the thought of these. They are currently trending all over TikTok, and they taste so good. These are great for when you are hungry but in a hurry. Just throw these in the microwave and eat them plain or actually put them in soup. Either way, you won’t be disappointed. 

7. Hold The Cones 

These are my go-to desserts, and I love every single flavor. They are so tiny and perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth. These are amazing healthier alternatives for your dessert! 

8. Zoodles 

I have to admit; these did scare me at first. But, if you cook them and add some red sauce, they are so good. I just recently started getting these, and I am happy I did. They are good for you and perfect for nights you crave pasta. 

9. Gone Bananas 

I couldn’t forget about these! Another favorite of mine is these frozen banana bites. They are so delicious I could eat the entire box in one sitting! 

10. Cauliflower crust 

I love getting the cauliflower crust at Trader Joe’s. You can make your own pizza with it and add whatever toppings you desire. It is tasty and easy to make and definitely healthier than normal pizza! I fully recommend grabbing this for your next homemade pizza night.

11. Shrimp Tempura 

The frozen shrimp tempura is so good and easy to make. If you are not in the mood to cook, this is definitely a meal you should try. All you have to do is throw them in the oven and heat up the sauce packet.

12. Potstickers 

Trader Joe’s Potstickers have been a favorite of mine for as long as I can remember. All I have to say about them is go get them now, you won’t be disappointed. 

13. Raw Wild Argentinian Red Shrimp

This other kind of shrimp is on my grocery list for Trader Joe’s every week. I am obsessed, and I love making shrimp scampi with this shrimp or just putting it over salad or rice. If you love shrimp, I definitely recommend trying this out! 

Clearly, I might be a little obsessed with Trader Joe’s. You should consider adding at least one of these items to your next grocery list, you won’t regret it! 

Communications, Sophomore