This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Whether you’re a big fan or not there is an endless supply of different tea flavors with many impacts. Personally, I am the biggest green tea fan! It is simple and tasty and available almost everywhere.

So often we consume foods and drinks that are bad for us. Tea is a wonderful alternative to sugary sodas or ‘healthy’ drinks full of more sugar than sodas have. Tea is a simple recipe of hot water and a variety of leaves. It spans across so many cultures and parts of the world.

Tea’s calmness and warmth makes it an exceptional choice. I prefer drinking hot tea in the mornings and at night but, keep in mind there are iced teas as well for hot summer days. I will be describing my three favorite teas and some of their advantages below. Tea is just a delicious drink and I hope I have convinced you to go out and get a cup of one of my favorite teas.

Moroccan Mint Green Tea

Green tea is a staple tea. You can find green tea in practically any grocery store or cafe. It is at Dunkin and Starbucks and virtually everywhere. In fact, it is probably one of the first teas you thought of when you spotted this article.

Now green tea is not famous for nothing. Some benefits are you have a reduced risk of cancer or heart diseases. Green tea has been proven to improve cholesterol and improve blood flow. This is why people with heart-related issues benefit from green tea consumption.

Now you may wonder how this helps cancer. Well, green tea has a lot of polyphenols that help prevent cancer and it has been proven in many studies.

Moroccan Green Tea is a particular type of green tea that I purchase at Trader Joe’s. It comes in a set of 20 teabags. This particular tea was inspired by the culture of North Africa. The back of the box even details their goals towards hospitality and care.

The blend is made up of spearmint, green tea obviously and lemongrass. For me, I absolutely love lemongrass. It is in my diffuser as an essential oil and in my tea! Lucky for you this organic green tea is still in production. If you frequently drink green tea, mix it up and try out the Moroccan Mint Green Tea.

Formosa Oolong Tea

Oolong tea is another tasty tea option! It is a traditional Asian tea. Oolong tea has been long associated with weight loss because it is known to speed up metabolism. The antioxidant activity decreases body fat by enhancing enzyme inhibition.

However, this is not all Oolong tea has to offer nor the best benefit. This tea may also be a benefit to you if you’re diabetic. Some research has shown that it eases insulin resistance because it can decrease inflammation.

Just like green tea, Oolong tea can help your heart. Caffeine has long been associated with lowering blood pressure. The Formosa Oolong tea is by Harney & Sons. The tea is hand-packed in Millerton, New York. This company was established in 1983.

The tea has almost a toasty taste and some people say they even taste a hint of peach. It is known for being a darker version of other Oolong teas. Another thing unique about this Oolong tea is the stems in the brew. This surprises a lot of people, but it is traditionally made in Taiwan. If you’re looking for a less fruity drink I would definitely recommend the Formosa Oolong Tea!

Jammin’ Ginger Lemon Tea

Ginger tea is a wonderful herbal tea. This tea is produced by Celestial Seasonings. Like the other teas, it also is beneficial for managing blood pressure and supporting heart health. It can also help with pain relief.

The gingerol and shogaol compounds reduce inflammation. Pain relief for period cramps can be helped by this process as well. Like most teas, it also can help you manage your weight.

The tea increases thermogenesis, which is the process that produces more heat in the body and can increase fat absorption to help people control their appetite. The teabags are stringless and the box is recyclable. It is not only tasty but an eco-friendly brand. There are no artificial flavors or colors.

The ginger lemon tea is very tasty and balancing. There are also Rosehips and Roasted Chicory in the blend. Already added lemon to your drink? Try the Jammin’ Ginger Lemon Herbal Tea instead!

I hope you have been intrigued by some of these teas. Maybe these brands are not your favorite but green, oolong and ginger tea are good for your health and your mind.

Trying something new can be exciting and extremely rewarding. If you happen to like any of the teas try out some of their other flavors too. There is an endless amount of tea in the world just waiting to be tried. Many local shops have unique one-of-a-kind blends that may be your next favorite.

Help out your physical and mental health and try a new tea today!

I am a 3rd-year undergraduate student pursuing a Bachelor of Science in economics at Penn State. I am very excited to be a part of Her Campus!