This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Glossier is a skincare and makeup brand that was launched by Emily Weiss in 2010. The brand originally started with a few simple products that played off of their subtle and natural beauty-oriented campaign. 

As an avid fan of Glossier, I have bought hundreds of dollars worth of their product and have fallen in love with each and every one of them. My favorites include their Cloud Paint blushes, their Lash Slick mascara, and their Glossier lip gloss. However, in recent years Glossier has released a line of skin care products that matches their skin before beauty slogan. 

I have never truly had problematic skin aside from the average blemish or dry skin moment, but have always been stern about having a skincare routine and sticking to it. If it’s not broken, why fix it? However, my love for the brand and their adorable packaging sucked me in and I bought a few of the products that everyone has been raving about. 

The products I bought consisted of their toner–Solution–, priming moisturize, their eye and lip cream–Bubblewrap–, Milk Jelly Cleanser, and their Balm Dotcom lip balm. The pink bubble wrapped packaging came a few days later, and I got to work on my skin. 

The first product I tried was the Milk Jelly Cleanser. The cleanser is priced at $18. It is described as a conditioning face wash that is supposed to be massaged on damp skin. I used mine in the shower and I was surprised by how subtle the cleanser was. There were no bubbles or soapiness with the smell only containing a hint of rose. My skin felt softer afterwards and a little goes a long way with this product. After using this product for a week, I noticed that my skin felt softer and less dry. I would recommend this product to anyone looking to perfect their skin. However, some of the product’s online reviews caution against it if you have sensitive skin. 

The second product I tested was the toner called Solution. This product is described as being an “exfoliating skin perfector.” Solution is priced at $24 and is one of the company’s most raved about products. This was the product I was most excited about trying and it did not disappoint. The product is made up of three different types of acids: AHA, BHA, and PHA. All are supposed to work to keep your skin acne free and feeling clean. After cleansing your skin, put this product on a cotton pad, wipe it across your face, let the product sink in, and then follow with moisturizer. After a week of using this product, I noticed the redness in my skin had calmed. I would recommend this product to those battling acne, looking for a way to keep their skin glowing, but I would caution against using it every day. Due to the high acid amounts it could dry out the skin quite a bit. Use the product in moderation and make sure to follow with moisturizer. 

After using Solution, I moved on to the priming moisturizer. This moisturizer is priced at $22 and is described as a “buildable hydrating creme”. I noticed that this product is one you have to use a little more of in order to cover the entire face. It holds a bit of tackiness once the moisturizer hits your face, but it feels a bit watery on your fingertips. The moisturizer lacks fragrance but holds makeup in place really nicely. Despite being tackier on the face, it is light and a barely-there facial creme. I would recommend this to someone looking to hydrate their skin and someone who wants their makeup to last all day or night. 

The eye and lip cream, Bubblewrap, has been my favorite of the skincare products that I purchased. Bubblewrap is priced at $26 and is well worth every penny. The packaging states that the product is an eye and lip plumping cream. It is to be used after cleansing and before moisturizing. However, I have been using it throughout the day and the results are everything. As someone who deals with dry eyelids and cracked lips, this product has been a life saver especially now that winter is well on its way. It plumps my lips without the tinging and lacks flavor. However, it protects against the cold and acts as a shield for the weather. I like to use it underneath the Balm Dotcom lip balm, and a little goes a long way. As for using it on my eyes: I am obsessed. I’ve noticed that my eyelids have been less dry, and that the moisture lasts all day. This is definitely a product I will be repurchasing for years to come. 

The final product is the Balm Dotcom lip balm. This was the safest of the purchases because it’s either going to work or it’s not. The balm is priced at $12 and comes in many different flavors. I decided to go for the original balm and this product is also one that I will be repurchasing. The product is described as a “universal skin salve” that can be used to moisturize your lips, cuticles, and elbows. I decided to try the salve on all of these parts, and it did not disappoint once. The balm easily glides over these the skin and replenishes moisture in the best way possible. I would recommend this product to everyone and anyone especially when placed over Bubblewrap. 

All of these Glossier products are definitely Lexi Teny approved, and I look forward to trying the rest of their skin care if they decide to release more in the future. Glossier has rarely disappointed me, and I’m positive you won’t be disappointed if you decide to buy these products. 

Junior at Pennsylvania State University, Journalism major, Class of 2020
Bailey McBride is a Senior at Penn State University pursuing a Broadcast Journalism degree with minors in Political Science and Digital Media Trends & Analytics. She is a sister of Delta Gamma. She enjoys making hyper-organizational lists and looking at future pups to adopt. Her dream job is to be Press Secretary of the White House.