samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

50 Thoughts You Have The Week Before Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Despite the fact that Penn State students won’t be embarking on the hell ride that is finals until next week, somehow the week before can be just as much of a struggle. Here are 50 of the thoughts we are all bound to have as we anticipate the most dreaded week of the fall semester:

1.     How is it almost finals week?           

2.     Good thing I have a week to relax before exams start.           

3. Hey, how many finals do I even have?           

4. Only two? That’s nothing!           

5. Wait, I have four papers due this week though.           

6. Did my professors actually think I’d start these over Thanksgiving?           

7. It’s like they think I have nothing better to do than homework.          

8. I really should get started on these papers.           

9. And that group project.

10. Group projects are the worst.

11. I think this is the most incompetent group in the history of group projects.

12. Wait, this professor wants us to write a paper and take a final exam?           

13. Isn’t it against the rules for teachers to assign anything worth more than 10% of your grade the week before finals?           

14. I didn’t even finish the book I’m supposed to be writing a report on.           

15. I’d rather just have a final exam.

16. I wonder how long I can complain about my workload before my friends start to hate me.           

17. Hey, maybe I’ll get a head start on studying for finals this week.           

18. Think of how empty the library will be!

19. No. I’m definitely not going to do that.           

20. Nice, one paper finished. I think I should reward myself.             

21. How many more days can I put off starting the other three?

22. My friends are all going out, and I’m stuck working. Awesome.

23. This is the worst week of my entire life.           

24. I’m actually looking forward to finals week at this point; it’ll be less stressful than this.

25. This semester needs to end immediately.           

26. I literally have nothing else to say on this topic. How am I supposed to write three more pages?     

27. I’m so over academic life.           

28. No, Mom, I don’t know when I’m coming home for break. I don’t have time for this. I’m in the library HAVING THE WORST WEEK EVER. FEEL BAD FOR ME.           

29. Did we ever even learn about this? How am I supposed to write about something we never learned?           

30. Almost done with my last paper- I am unstoppable!           

31. We needed to cite how many sources?           

32. Alright, guess I’m heading back to the library.           

33. I’ve got one hour until this paper is due. Not a problem. Plenty of time.     

34. Coffee. Where’s the coffee? Anyone?     

35. Hey, I’m finally finished!           

36. Hallelujah! Time to party!           

37. What do you mean finals start tomorrow?

38. I really should not have gone out last night.           

39. A Monday exam at 8 a.m.? Is that a joke?       

40. I guess it’s time to break out that textbook I haven’t looked at all semester.           

41. Studying is the WORST.           

42. I really shouldn’t have spent every lecture doing Buzzfeed quizzes.          

43. Okay, if I get an A on the final I can still get a B in the class.           

44. I’ll just stay up all night studying, and I’ll be ready to go by tomorrow morning.       

45. Who am I kidding? I’m not getting an A on this final.           

46. The professor is giving us a curve on this exam, right?

47. Why didn’t I start studying earlier?          

48. Maybe I should just give up.           

49. Why would I ever say I was looking forward to this week?         

50. I can’t wait for winter break.

Rachael David is currently a senior at Penn State University and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in public relations and minoring in psychology. Her love of creative writing and all things Penn State is what inspired her to become a member of the HC team in the fall of 2013. Her background experience includes working for the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Penn State as a social media intern in the spring of 2014 and is currently working as a social media intern for an internet marketing company in Harrisburg called WebpageFX. This past summer she also served as a PR intern for Tierney Communications. Rachael enjoys anything media related especially catching up on her favorite shows, including Saturday Night Live and any show on Food Network. She has a passion for food but also loves being active and spending her free time running or hiking. She hopes to gain more experience in all aspects of the media industry during college and plans on pursuing a career writing for a life & style publication in the future.