stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Trending Health Products to Try This Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

With the many incredible bloggers that are taking over social media right now, it’s hard to keep up with which products are being sponsored, which products just look cool, and which products actually work.

Being health-and-wellness-blogger obsessed myself, I’m drawn to anything that looks natural and has a solid recommendation. However, when it comes to actually purchasing recommended products, I can be pretty hesitant.

Without trying anything for myself, how could I ever know which products are the real deal?

So, here’s a list of products I decided to bite the bullet for and try this winter:

1. Chlorophyll

This is a supplement I had been dying to try for months. I did my research and discovered the many health benefits it provides, such as improvement to body detoxification, internal deodorization, pain and swelling, energy and vitality, and rejuvenation of cells. Chlorophyll comes in the form of powder, capsules, or liquid; I personally feel a bit more excited to finish an entire green water bottle, so I prefer the liquid drops. No matter how you choose to take it, you’ll feel an exhilarating boost of energy to kick into gear this semester.

2. Charcoal toothpaste

The sight of girls on social media covering their teeth with dark, black toothpaste was absolutely terrifying to me. Nothing is better than a bright smile, but I was convinced this trend was made up until a few friends gave it the okay. So, of course I had to give it a shot. This scary-looking goop is a great natural way to remove surface stains, and is your new secret key to a glowing and radiant smile.

3. Castor oil

This oil is used for lengthening and strengthening your eyelashes and eyebrows. It stimulates fast growth and prevents breakage, providing the perfect alternative to expensive serums. Applying a little coat to your eyelashes at night will give your lashes the moisture they need during the cold winter months.

4. Foot mask

Slightly gross but proven to be extremely effective, foot masks will solve your dryness, cracks and calluses in 1-2 weeks. They’re an inexpensive alternative to a pedicure when your feet need a winter pick-me-up. Just grab a pack and kick your feet up during your nighttime Netflix binge.

5. Magnesium powder

This is one of my favorite tricks to a good night’s sleep and a balanced semester. This powder works to calm you down and help you relax – perfect for improving your sleep cycle and keeping you chill during your toughest weeks. Although magnesium comes in many forms, I love the calm powder as a nighttime tea.

What products will you be trying?

Allie Maniglia served as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Penn State from 2017-2018. She majored in public relations with minors in international studies and communication arts and sciences. If she's not busy writing away, you can find her planning her next adventure (probably back to the U.K.), feeding an unhealthy addiction to HGTV or watching dog videos on YouTube.