diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Career > Her20s

5 Things I Wish I Knew Before College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.
Credit Cards are the devil

It seems like a good idea. Swipe now and pay later. It’s the best scam next to college.

Don’t neglect your mental health

It’s so easy to push your feelings aside, and burying yourself in work will cause anxiety attacks.

He’s replacable honey.

You’re up thinking about him, but he’s not thinking about you. Go to sleep and move on.

Making $20 last two weeks builds character. 

Eating dinner every day and making it to every party is possible on a forced budget.

College is a scam.

I’m not sure which makes more sense; paying to do homework or paying to park in a parking lot, when I already pay tuition.

Hey! My name is Dominique and I'm a Senior at Penn State University. Where i'm studying Digital Journalism and Media. I love shopping, going out to eat, binge watching Netflix shows, hanging out with Friends. I've recently started my own Youtube channel. Since I basically spend the whole day watching Youtube videos, I figure why not Start my own channel.
Allie Bausinger is a Penn State University graduate who majored in Print/Digital Journalism with a minor in English. She is from "outside Philadelphia," which in her case is Yardley, Pennsylvania. Allie is looking for full-time employment in writing, editing, fact-checking, podcasting, and other areas of the journalism and writing fields.