17 Songs You Need to Listen to on Your Walk to Class

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Now that we are getting back into that college routine of in-person classes, listening to music has definitely become more of a staple. It is very unlikely that when you are walking around campus, you see someone who does not have headphones in their ear. These people are either listening to a podcast, talking on the phone, or blasting music.

Every time I pick out a song to play while I am walking to class, it depends on both the weather and the mood. The weather plays a major role in how my mood will be that day. For instance, if it is sunny and hot outside, I will usually listen to happy music. Then, if it is dreary and rainy weather, I will listen to slower songs like Mirror by Lil Wayne.

This playlist consists of fun, sad, and some of your current favorite songs that you would enjoy on your next walk to class.

Top 17 songs to listen to on your walk to class 

Doses & Mimosas – Cherub

This song is fun, loud, and a throwback that everyone knows.  

Champagne Poetry – Drake 

This is a new favorite that would put anyone in their feels. 

Weak – AJR

This catchy song reminds me so much of high school.

Super Rich Kids – Frank Ocean 

This is the catchiest song that gives off such a chill vibe on your walk to class.

Wild Thoughts – DJ Khaled, Rihanna, Bryson Tiller 

A throwback I tend to forget about but always love to listen to when I find it again.

Jail – Kanye West 

An iconic favorite that everyone loves from Kanye’s most recent album

Mirror – Lil Wayne, Bruno Mars

A throwback that is more of a rainy day vibe when you are in a sad mood

Industry Baby – Lil Nas x 

Lil Nas is growing on the top charts, and this song and any song on his new album always puts me in a good mood. 

Heat Waves – Glass Animals 

This is a great song that will always remind me of summer. 

Stay – The Kid LAROI, Justin Bieber 

I am a big Justin Bieber fan, and this song is super popular right now!

Midnight Sky – Miley Cyrus 

Miley Cyrus is one of my favorites, and every song she has released is always a banger. 

Good 4 u – Olivia Rodrigo

It’s the best break-up song that everyone was blasting all summer!

Waves – Kanye West

Kanye West only makes good songs, and I will stand by that, so I needed another one of his songs to empower you as you walk to class. 

Play My Music – Jonas Brothers

I love throwbacks, and the Jonas brothers are my favorite Disney throwbacks to listen to.

Better – Khalid

This song gets me in my feels, and it has been all over my Tik Tok For You page.

Beggin – Maneskin

Another classic Tik Tok song that is also a throwback that everyone seems to love.

Ransom – Lil Tecca 

One of my favorite rap songs that I will never get sick of because it will always remind me of high school. 

Now make a playlist and take a walk!

I am a Junior at Penn State studying Public Relations with a minor in Digital Media Trends and Analytics. I love fashion, food, and anything beauty-related which can be found a common trend throughout my articles.