16 Stages of Black Friday Shopping

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

We gorged on turkey and pumpkin pie on Thursday, but for many, the Friday (or even Thursday evening) after Thanksgiving required even more preparation than the all-day food fest. That’s right, it was time for the best but most stressful day of the year – Black Friday. Workers dread it and shoppers are lucky if they make it out of this mayhem without a few bruises, but the killer deals were worth it for some. Here are just a few thoughts that were bound to run through the minds of Black Friday shoppers this year:

1.  Okay, time to shop. Let’s do this!

2.  $25 yoga pants, half-off boots…I don’t know where to start!

3.  I need to start buying now!

4.  I have so much stuff…Wait, how much is this sweater?

5.  Wow, this line is so long, does it even end?

6.  *Accidentally bumps someone in line*

“Woah, chill. I wasn’t trying to steal your spot.”

7.  First store down, fifty more to go!

8.  Let’s try not to get trampled while going to the next store.

9.  Where are all the half-off sweaters?

10.  What do you mean some lady just bought all of them?!

11.  Let’s see if I can squeeze into this super cute jacket. It’s on sale!

12.  All these bags are SO heavy!

13.  I need to take a break right now. Sitting is just so nice…

14.  Okay, let’s plow through these people and keep going…

15.  Oh look, 99 cent socks, why not?

16.  Finally, I am done…VICTORY!

Rachael David is currently a senior at Penn State University and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in public relations and minoring in psychology. Her love of creative writing and all things Penn State is what inspired her to become a member of the HC team in the fall of 2013. Her background experience includes working for the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Penn State as a social media intern in the spring of 2014 and is currently working as a social media intern for an internet marketing company in Harrisburg called WebpageFX. This past summer she also served as a PR intern for Tierney Communications. Rachael enjoys anything media related especially catching up on her favorite shows, including Saturday Night Live and any show on Food Network. She has a passion for food but also loves being active and spending her free time running or hiking. She hopes to gain more experience in all aspects of the media industry during college and plans on pursuing a career writing for a life & style publication in the future.