10 Things To Think Of When You Get Sad About Graduation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Yikes. The dreaded “g” word appears to be upon seniors in college. It doesn’t seem like long ago that our parents hugged and kissed us goodbye when they moved us into our tiny dorms. Now, almost four years later we wait for our parents to pick us up from school to take us to our next journey in life. While we avoid graduation, here are some things to preoccupy your mind until that day comes:

1. Think about how much you love your friends.

2. Think about how thankful you are for your education.

3. Have a family dinner with your friends.

4. Instead of thinking about graduation, make an MTV cribs video with your roommates. 5. Take cute pictures with your friends around campus.

6. Binge watch a TV show with your best pals instead of thinking about the end of your college career.

7. Tell your friends how much you love them and value the memories you have with them instead of thinking about graduation.

8. Play a classic game of hide-and-go-seek to distract you and your friends from graduation.

9. Have a game night with charades to make everyone laugh before you cry at graduation.

10. Bake cookies and enjoy some delicious sweet treats before you enter the real world!

Hopefully these 10 things will keep your mind occupied enough that you will not think about how you are leaving your favorite place in just a few weeks.

Maire is a junior at Penn State majoring in psychology. She loves ice cream, writing, and crocs. She hopes to grow as a writer during her time at Her Campus. She loves the environment. Follow her vegetarian food Instagram for cool and fun content @iturnipforvegetables !
Aisha is currently a senior at Penn State University, studying Telecommunications in the Donald P. Bellisario College of Communications. She is a contributing writer and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State and her hobbies are reading, listening to music, and watching hockey. Originally hailing from Jakarta, Indonesia, her dream for the future is to someday be part of the book publishing industry, digital marketing or work on a media team for a sports team.