10 Reasons Why The Beach Is Good For Your Soul

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

With only a few days left until we get to lounge on the beach all day, here are 10 reasons why the beach is good for your soul:

1. It’s a great way to de-stress and take time to relax.

2. The combination of salt water and sunshine is an easy way to get rid of acne.

3. The sun’s rays provide vitamin D, which has been proven to help brighten moods.  

4. You get a tan out of laying in the sun – and it’s a bonus if you have freckles!

5. Minimal clothing is required at the beach, and you can always cool off by taking a dip in the ocean.

6. The beach scenery makes for great photos to share on social media.

7. The sound of the ocean is soothing, making the beach a perfect location to take a nap.

8. Sunrises and sunsets make for a great start or end to any day.

9. You can collect seashells and use them as decoration.

10. Taking walks on the beach is a good way to exercise and tone your legs.

Enjoy the beach, collegiettes! 

Jackie Finnegan is a Senior at Penn State. She is majoring in both Art and Advertising. She loves expressing her creative side through painting and enjoys getting some fresh air either by snowboarding or hiking with friends.
Allie Maniglia served as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Penn State from 2017-2018. She majored in public relations with minors in international studies and communication arts and sciences. If she's not busy writing away, you can find her planning her next adventure (probably back to the U.K.), feeding an unhealthy addiction to HGTV or watching dog videos on YouTube.