DIY Honey and Sugar Lip Scrub

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Berks chapter.

As we head into the middle of winter, the temperatures are only getting colder! This means staying proactive on using those moisturizing products that will keep our skin super hydrated. Going out to a drugstore to grab a lip balm is easy, but what’s even easier is being able to create your own lip scrub using natural products you’ll often find at home! Two simple ingredients combined that will have your lips insanely smooth are sugar and honey! The sugar is what will exfoliate the lips, while the honey gives them a moisturize feel. Check out these quick, easy steps below to create the easiest DIY lip scrub!

Ingredients:

• Sugar
  • Honey
  • A small jar or bowl
  • A teaspoon
  • A small cloth
  • Warm water

Directions:

1. Grab your spoon and scoop up a little sugar. Half a teaspoon or less is preferred.
  2. Pour the sugar in a small jar or bowl.
  3. Grab the honey and pour the same amount of sugar you used.
  4. Slowly stir both ingredients together with the spoon. Your finger can also be used to mix the ingredients.
  5. Take your index finger and dip it into the mixed sugar and honey.
  6. Gently rub the sugar and honey mix on your upper and lower lips. Make sure you’re able to feel a nice amount of sugar when you rub your lips together.
  7. Leave scrub on for 1 minute.
  8. After 1 minute, rinse your lips with warm water.
  9. After rinsing, gently dab your lips with a small cloth.
  10. Moisturize with your usual lip balm for extra hydration!

Bree McKenney is a senior Professional Writing major at Penn State Berks. She is the Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus chapter at Berks and she's also involved in the Blue&White Society. In addition to that, she is currently an RA, Peer Mentor, Multicultural Mentor, and a S.A.I.L. Mentor. She loves fashion and has been writing style blogs for Her Campus for a year now.