This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

As we know, Snowmageddon has arrived and this season is not giving us any mercy. So far we have received over 100 inches of snow these past few weeks and it is not looking like it will stop anytime soon. We all know what it’s like to be frustrated by the slippery and slushie mess that outside is right now and I thought it would be a great idea to give you some gif reactions to the everyday struggles of walking through the snow. But, for a twist, I would also like to talk about how much more difficult it is to maneuver through the snow in a wheelchair.

When you don’t realize how slippery it is, and you fall flat on your face in front of everyone and you try your hardest to make it look like it was on purpose.

When you don’t wear the proper footwear and the slushie mess ends up soaking through your shoes and your socks and turns your feet into ice blocks.

When the wind burns your face and makes your hair look like a rat’s nest.

When you’re trying your hardest to wheel through the snow and ice, but then your front wheel gets caught in a block of ice and all you can do is wait for someone to ask if you need help.

When the salt on the ground starts to burn your hands, all you can feel is just fire.

All in all, it is a struggle for everyone to get around this winter. Remember to always bundle up and wear layers, gloves and the proper footwear. This winter is going to be brutal and all we can do is prepare.

Image Credits: 1 2 3 4 5

Lauren Plummer

PS Behrend '19

I'm a senior, psych major at Behrend and I am a sister of Theta Phi Alpha. A crystal and Stevie Nicks lover. Harry Styles obsessed, chick in a chair-my nickname in marching band was hot wheels.
Kayla McEwen

PS Behrend

Kayla A. McEwen: President and Campus Correspondent  Senior at Penn State Behrend Marketing & Professional Writing Major Part-time dreamer and full-time artist Lover of art, fashion, witty conversation, winged eyeliner, and large cups of warm beverages.