This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

Freshman year of college was one of the best years of my life. Granted, I would never want to go through it again. Although only a couple years have passed, so much has changed. That one crazy, tequila-loving girl is now a grandma who loves staying in, eating chicken nuggets and watching Law and Order (SVU of course). Most college students, like myself, change and grow. So here’s a little comparison that we all can agree with.

Dinner:

Then:

Nothing is worse than college cafeteria food, but it is quick and (kinda) free. It is also on the way to the convenient store to pick up a few things for that night!

Now:

You know what is worse than college food? Having food that you need to cook. Now not only does it take you at least 20 minutes to have a bite but you also have to go grocery shopping and that it definitely not cheap.

Getting Ready:

Then:

Getting ready meant pre-party. Everyone would meet in one dorm, get ready together, play loud music and pre-game for the night that was about to come. Everyone would also put on about 19 layers of makeup and refused to wear anything warm, despite it being under 15 degrees outside.

Now:

Chances are you are running late, you am going to throw on some mascara and foundation and quickly put on some leggings and maybe a clean, decently okay shirt. MAYBE. And chances are you will probably change your mind and stay home.

Party:

Then:

Nothing used to seem more fun than a small tiny house filled with hundreds of college kid. It was even more fun if there was loud music and you couldn’t hear anything. The nights that seemed the most fun though were the ones where you couldn’t even remember.

Now:

No matter what you do, you always somehow end up being the mom. You have to take care of the girls throwing up, the girls who are crying and even worse, the girls who are doing both.

The Next Morning:

Then:

You know what cures a hangover? Another drink. Somehow (Only God knows how) you got up at 11 am, would usually eat and then get ready to go out and party again.

Now:

… Have you ever actually thought you were dying? Because that’s how you feel now, once you wake up from a long, drunken night. And to make things even worse, you have to be at work for an 8-hour shift by noon. I know, being grown-up sucks.

Image Credits: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Sorya Nasir

PS Behrend

Native of Santa Clara, CA Senior at Penn State Behrend Management Information Systems Major HerCampus PS Behrend, President Alpha Sigma Alpha
Kayla McEwen

PS Behrend

Kayla A. McEwen: President and Campus Correspondent  Senior at Penn State Behrend Marketing & Professional Writing Major Part-time dreamer and full-time artist Lover of art, fashion, witty conversation, winged eyeliner, and large cups of warm beverages.